Beard barbers website

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by Paulo1Chop, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Paulo1Chop

Paulo1Chop UKBF Regular Free Member

108 12
    I've just bought a domain name (it's a curse!)

It's an EMD as in the title and I'm wondering if directory type sites still had the ability to rank well starting from scratch!

It's a growing sector with some good search numbers for a lot of associated terms. I'm wondering if a blog type site (with affiliate/ads etc) would be better suited than a plain directory site?!

Or a cheeky mixture of both even??

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 By: Paulo1Chop Member since: Jul 12, 2019
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

31,215 9,161
    Not any more.

If the directory was full if really great listings with up to date and useful information that added value to the search results them maybe if it's very niche.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. Paulo1Chop

108 12
    it (would be) for beard barbers, so it's kind of niche(y)

4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

31,215 9,161
    If I need my beard trimming and do a google search I'm likely to see the local listings (I've just done this). How do you plan to get your directory top for every single location in the UK? How do you plan to enter all the listing data? Barbers won't do it themselves, you need to do the initial data load.

Once you have added the thousands of barbers you then need to contact each one and ask if they want to update the listing. If they don't what next? Will you let their listing lapse? If not, will you keep the details updated? If you don't Google will loose trust and push you down.

Building a directory always seems fun but in reality it's hard work for little return.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. Paulo1Chop

108 12
    Yeh, I definitely agree with how difficult and time consuming it would be! Even more so as it's just a labour of love for me...

I think I'll try and create a blog type site to get things going and see how it goes that way....then I just sit back and wait for the 6 figure offers to come flooding in!

Thanks, fisicx, appreciate your replies!

6. CompleteWeb

CompleteWeb UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 2
    Agree with everything @fisicx says. Only way this could work (and even then it would take a lot of work and be a big if) is if you made it a major resource with product reviews, articles, etc.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 By: CompleteWeb Member since: Nov 17, 2019
  7. webhostuk

webhostuk UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,383 167
    It should not just be directory listing ..but a combination of reviews and comparison chart websites like g2.com if you are looking for 6 figure offer :).

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009
  8. Paulo1Chop

108 12
    Thanks for all the advice and feedback guys!

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 By: Paulo1Chop Member since: Jul 12, 2019