Website Help - sms surplus clothing

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by SMS. Sarah, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMS. Sarah

SMS. Sarah UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 1
    Thank you to everyone that has reviewed my website or commented on the other thread.

We have decided to start a fresh how do I pick someone new and what product as I don't want to be in the same boat in two years time! (reasons for leaving current company designer has gone to a new job and doing my website as and when he can which is no good)

What are the questions I should be asking?
    Should I pick someone local?
    I need an E commerce site and a point of sale linked
    SEO and Image Help
    And lots more !!!!!
    What sort of money should I be spending (approx. as I know its hard to gauge)
    I need support happy to do lots myself but need guidance

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it as I have lots of new things in the pipeline and need a good website to help launch them!!!

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 By: SMS. Sarah Member since: Mar 14, 2016
  2. finleydesign

finleydesign UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

617 132
    I couldn't possibly recommend who you need to contact ;)

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 By: finleydesign Member since: Mar 15, 2012
  3. Trisha&ChrisPlant

Trisha&ChrisPlant UKBF Regular Free Member

313 114
    I can highly recommend Mark and his team at VTS Design. I was having an awful time with a website that really wasn't up to it and sales were non-existent - and to boot had spent loads of money on something that was, basically, useless.
    Mark stepped in and I haven't looked back since. My website is now exactly as I wanted it, nothing's too much trouble - even though I am a designer's nightmare!
    Trisha - KR Bears and Dolls
    www.krbearsanddolls.com

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 By: Trisha&ChrisPlant Member since: Feb 6, 2012
  4. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Full Member

235 40
    Trisha - I wouldnt!
    Just looked at your site, the responsive is a half-arsed attempt, so many problems with it and it looks awful. You have no Schema, no social media tags (OG/Twitter), no SEO at all from what I can see - Not only do your product pages have NO content at all, google doesn't even know there product pages so this is a really bad situation to be in.
    I don't even want to look at the checkout process.

Sarah - You need a company that are full stack, can do the design, develop an ecommerce platform with all the features you are going to need, make sure the site is responsive and fully SEO ready with full Schema in JSON-LD - with twitter cards and OG tags for social media marketing. It's all important now for any site as Google is becoming more of a knowledge engine than a simple keyword search engine.

Above all you need a rock solid ecommerce engine that performs fast, looks nice and is usable across devices and platforms, and has the payment options you need. All in all you want a good professional company that is going to take care of you, so dont pay any less than £2000 - you want quality and time to be spent on the systems development.

Please search us up on google and give us a call if you need any more information.

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  5. ryedale

ryedale Contributor Full Member - Verified Business

1,545 368
    Many thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Trisha's site is actually a work in progress from a disasterous bespoke build that someone did for her but she wanted the initial changes up and running immediately with her new logo where as normally it would be done on a development server.

Wwe've only just begun rebuilding it from her previous designer and there is a long way to go - we're probably only about 25% through the process. This includes writing a brand new checkout.

She hasn't had the time yet to enter her product information or meta descriptions due to being very busy in her shop. Naturally, they'll be added in as soon as ready.

Even since we've done the basic restyling though which is the first phase, her orders have increased dramatically. Once the project is completed, we'll be sure to ask you for your feedback though

Have a great day :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    Posted: Mar 25, 2016 By: ryedale Member since: Dec 17, 2013
  6. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Full Member

235 40
    My apologies I didn't realise this was an in progress store, great news to hear as I was perplexed by all the problems considering the glowing recommendation provided.

I would love to have a look at it once it's ready if this is something you value, hit us up anytime

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.