Urgent: Why my amazon account is banned twice

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by yoyogogo, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoyogogo

yoyogogo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

35 0
    thank you. I am just a student. Selling Cds is for my medical university fee.
    I worked hard to receive many positive feedback on Amazon. I did nothing wrong. Their mistake upsets me so much

Ebay, before I chose Amazon, I tried to use EBAY, but I found that it takes long time to upload a CD, there are too many details I need to write down by hand..... So what instruments did you use , could you give me some advice....

thanks .

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 By: yoyogogo Member since: Dec 14, 2009
  2. silvermusic

silvermusic UKBF Ace Free Member

2,162 586
    Posted: Dec 14, 2009 By: silvermusic Member since: Nov 22, 2008
  3. yoyogogo

35 0

4. dingbat

dingbat UKBF Newcomer Free Member

993 137
    Where are you buying your CDs from? CDs account for a lot of fake product on the internet so I would check your supplier's credentials.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 By: dingbat Member since: Nov 28, 2006
  5. yoyogogo

35 0
    It is not fake CDS. OK.... it would break law, I know it.

Amazon banned my account because they thought my account was associated with the old one. But it is my first account.

So what would you suggest? How can I complain their mistake?

6. sineadnorton

sineadnorton UKBF Newcomer Free Member

47 8
    I had this problem with them too, was selling everything from dvds and cds to baby equipment, basically anything that we didn't need. I went from selling 2 or 3 books a month to 10 things a day because I had listed the whole lot to get rid of it all. They saw the jump in sales and it flagged up their "sentinel" programme. The fact that my hubby had an account at the same address made it look like I had 2 accounts as we both use the same joint account.

Long story but it took over 3 months (120 days) to sort it even though mostly everything sold and the cash was held in a reserve account for me. It took time for everyone to post their reviews to prove they got it and it was authentic etc

Basically, no one answers the calls, if you email it is replied to by an autoresponder, you just have to wait.

I would sell elsewhere if I were you. I only continued selling at that time as I thought it would have been resolved more quickly, and as you say, taking photos of everything for ebay was too much hassle.

To relist everything just go to "closed listings" and if it the same account that was open originally, all the listings that they closed when they suspended your account should be there.

Hope this helps

Incidentally, I still sell books on Amazon!

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 By: sineadnorton Member since: Nov 11, 2009
  7. yoyogogo

35 0

Thank you so much. Amazon totally upsets me this time.
    I do not know why I was banned. Whatever I sent , they say nothing. Amazon is acting authoritarian. I found that the best place to sell CDs is Amazon. I think the rule of amazon is Rather kill one thousand wrongly than miss one.

Do you still sell CDs. Where do you sell now?

8. Simon12

Simon12 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

47 5
    I know 3 people plus myself who sell on Amazon and they all had there accounts blocked by Amazon saying there accounts had been linked to previously blocked accounts and all of them (myself included) execpt the one who had previously been blocked (due to massive negative feedback) send an email sayng this is my account and the only one I have ever had and got back on within 24 hours.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 By: Simon12 Member since: May 20, 2009
  9. AndyP

AndyP UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

850 174
    Bit of a simple suggestion but why not call your account manager to resolve the issue with amazon? All the forum posts in the world are not going to get you unbanned or otherwise. Amazon account managers are a very useful resource, even more so if you haven't done anything wrong. I am sure that yours wil help you sort out the problem.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 By: AndyP Member since: Oct 11, 2008
  10. yoyogogo

35 0
    Please give me number of account manager?

thank you .

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 By: yoyogogo Member since: Dec 14, 2009
  11. yoyogogo

35 0
    thank you. they finally replied me.

12. AndyP

AndyP UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

850 174
    Ummmmm....well my suggestion was that you contact "your" account manager, not mine!

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 By: AndyP Member since: Oct 11, 2008
  13. yoyogogo

35 0
    Thank you guys.
    They finally replied. This time they said the reason is 3 negative feedbacks.

Actually I was dealing with these 3 negative feedbacks, tried to talk with them, tried to find out how to solve. But during this period, they banned me.

OMG,I just sold for a couple of weeks on AMazon, only got less 40 feedbacks, 37 feedbacks are positive, 3 are negative....

Guys, would you think there is possibility I can get my account back?
    I was trying to solve the 3 negative feedbacks.....

14. yoyogogo

35 0
    Guys, I have decided to take some one advice, to put CDs in ebay. I am trying to deal with amazon. Amazon 2 days ago said that my account was associated with blacked account. Today they said that they were wrong, but my account is still blocked,because there are 3 negative feedbacks among 38 positive feedbacks.

2 of 3 negative feedbacks would remove after I discussed with them.

I emailed amazon again ... Now I am waitting for their reply.

Guys, any advices now. who should I contact ? Thank you.

15. Simon12

Simon12 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

47 5
    Amazon are really pot luck if you get emails t them read or not but I woud suggfest you get the bad feedback removed then contact them

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 By: Simon12 Member since: May 20, 2009
  16. FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper

FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper UKBF Ace Free Member

1,561 348
    Amazon has a squeaky clean reputation for buyers, it's not like ebay.

Amazon are very harsh if you make a mistake as it's their reputation at stake as most people regard these purchases as being the same as buying from Amazon, a kind of network of authorised sellers. With ebay if you get a bad deal you don't blame ebay.

You can keep talking to Amazon, show what you have done to resolve the issues with the customers and show how you will avoid this in future.

Why did you get 3 negative feedbacks, most people don't bother with feedback on Amazon. Were the items in a different condition to specified? Were they copies? Are you dropshipping? I don't think Amazon will give you any second chance if you are dropshipping as you can never guarantee the customer service.

What annoys me with Amazon is the sellers with thousands of feedback still passing off unbranded goods under branded listings such as console accessories. Yes they state it's not branded or slightly different but surely this is passing off as the item doesn't have the same EAN as a Microsoft product.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 By: FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper Member since: Sep 14, 2009
  17. yoyogogo

35 0
    yeah, I am tryting to do contact with these guys to remove their feedback....
    GOD BLESS ME....

18. yoyogogo

35 0

No,No, My cds are perfect. 1 of 3 negative feedbacks is because of 50p.
    2 Weeks ago, this guy ordered my cd costed 4 Pound, 1 week later, I made offer on this cd, 3.5Pound.... So this guy got angry because he did cost 50p more. He lefe very negative feedback... When I saw this , I immediately emailed him and tried to say sorry, found out what I can do for his 50p loss.....

During this period, Amazon banned me....

19. FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper

FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper UKBF Ace Free Member

1,561 348
    OK, you can justify that to Amazon, it's up to you if you reduce a price there is always a day when something is at full price and the next it's reduced in any retail business.

What about the other 2?

And do you hold all your stock, or dropship?

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 By: FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper Member since: Sep 14, 2009
  20. silvermusic

silvermusic UKBF Ace Free Member

2,162 586
    Knowing what the feedback left percentage is on amazon that probably works out to around ten times the number of sales. so about 200 sales a week. How many A-Z claims did you have?

You also have to remember You need Amazon more than they need you. Drop-shipping on Amazon or eBay nowadays will come back to bite you in the backside.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 By: silvermusic Member since: Nov 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.