Twitter!!

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by Joe E, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe E

Joe E UKBF Enthusiast

431 72
    Right am on twitter, what now? what advice do people have for building awareness of business? I understand it has to be subtle obviously no one likes SPAM so what's recommended are there any specific apps that I need? I love the fact you can just talk non business as well just jotting down a few thoughts but how can it be used as a business tool.

Apologies if there has been other threads before and its been done to death but would be grateful for any advice at all.

Kind Regards

Joe

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 By: Joe E Member since: Oct 24, 2007
  2. Karl89

Karl89 UKBF Newcomer

20 6
    Use Twitter Search and look for subjects relevant to your business and start to communicate with other people.

Don't immediately try to flog them your services, build up a rapport with them, follow them and try and be as helpful as possible.

Once you've built up a bit of a following then you can start promoting, but don't try and throw things down people's throats.

Make sure you've got your bio filled out with as much information as possible and get an avatar uploaded.

Google Blog Search is also another good place to look, comment on blogs with links back to your website.

If you're looking to build your brand through social networking watch a few of the videos (Especially the keynotes) Gary Vaynerchuk uploads.

(Seems like I can't post links yet, but if you do a quick search on for what I've highlighted in bold you will find what you're looking for)

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 By: Karl89 Member since: Jun 27, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Joe E

Joe E UKBF Enthusiast

431 72

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 By: Joe E Member since: Oct 24, 2007
  4. Karl89

Karl89 UKBF Newcomer

20 6
    TweetDeck is just an application you can download which lets you login to your twitter account(s) and makes it easy to keep in touch with people.

I've used a variety of applications and I've found TweetDeck and Tweetie to be the best.

I'd have a look at the various applications, use them for a bit and see what ones work best for you.

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 By: Karl89 Member since: Jun 27, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. miki1

miki1 UKBF Newcomer

14 0
    twitter is so addictive. I really like it

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 By: miki1 Member since: May 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.