Small business accounting software

Discussion in 'Cashflow forum' started by sian spurrier, Nov 17, 2016.

1. sian spurrier

sian spurrier UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 0
    Hi everyone- I'm looking for an accounting software as I am fed up of spending hours on my laptop updating spreadsheets, typing up invoices and loosing track of who has paid and who hasn't!
    Have tried the free trial with xero and kash flow, both ok but still not sure. Also need payroll so will have to pay extra for that.
    Can anybody give their opinions on them or any others? thanks

Posted: Nov 17, 2016 By: sian spurrier Member since: Sep 16, 2016
  2. makeyourbusinessbetter

makeyourbusinessbetter UKBF Regular Free Member

119 29
    Hi Sian

For accounts, check out VTsoftware.co.uk. I have used this for many years as have many clients. It is easy to use and learn. It is also easy to make changes and corrections, very useful when learning new software. The package you want to try is VTtransaction+. It will allow you to keep track of invoices, both sales and purchases. There is a 60 day free trial.

For payroll, have a look at Moneysoft.co.uk, it too has a free trial. A colleague of mine uses it and has done for many years.

Hope this helps.

Gordon

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 By: makeyourbusinessbetter Member since: May 14, 2013
  3. MyAccountantOnline

MyAccountantOnline UKBF Legend Full Member

12,195 2,272
    Accounts Portal really is well worth a look. The invoicing built into the system is one of the really good features. I use Accounts Portal myself and have a lot of clients who use it who rate it highly.

VT is a good system and I often recommend the cashbook version to people looking for a basic free alternative to Excel but once you need invoicing my personal view is that you are better looking at newer systems where invoicing is dealt with much easier.

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 By: MyAccountantOnline Member since: Sep 24, 2008
  4. MyAccountantOnline

MyAccountantOnline UKBF Legend Full Member

12,195 2,272
    For payroll I agree Moneysoft is very good. I've used it for years.

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 By: MyAccountantOnline Member since: Sep 24, 2008
  5. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,566 255
    This is one of our account holders - http://www.jiosoft.co.uk/

"Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, the JioSoft Money Manager Personal and Small Business Accounts software allows you to track all your bank accounts, credit card statements, stocks and shares, income and expenses, loans and mortgages, asset values."

Seems to be very popular with the people who purchase it.

Might be worth checking out if you would like options.

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  6. Richard Moore

Richard Moore UKBF Regular Full Member

164 56
    Hi Sian, a blatant plug coming right up - but if you want your accounts (invoicing, purchasing etc) to pretty much create themselves as you do business then check out our software. We initially wrote it for our own use based on exactly the reasons you mentioned - too much time manually working out who owes what and trying to track jobs and stock levels etc...

Feel free to PM me for more info, or see here for info about the automated bookkeeping side of Easify - https://www.easify.co.uk/Features/Bookkeeping

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 By: Richard Moore Member since: Nov 14, 2009
  7. stacey howard

stacey howard UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    After deeply analyzing your requirements i would like to suggest you Surepayroll and Paycycle for payroll needs if you want to manage your own and for accounting i would like recommend you Quickbooks and Netsuite. Another way for easily management of payroll and accounting services is to outsource .

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 By: stacey howard Member since: Dec 5, 2016
  8. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

5,883 1,619
    If you are running a payrole I assume you have an accountant. Ask them what they recommend, as it is quite useful that you use a tool that they are comfortable with.

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  9. Glenn M. Nichols

Glenn M. Nichols UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    You can check out for this quickbooks.intuit.ca. How it will help a lot.

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 By: Glenn M. Nichols Member since: Feb 9, 2017
  10. Cathey

Cathey UKBF Newcomer Free Member

26 2
    I don't know what your business sells or how you sell but if you have any sort of online retail outlet it is worth giving a moment's thought to whether or not you want to connect your software tools to any sort of multichannel management tools either now or in the future. If you are selling items on your own website and through a marketplace like Amazon or Ebay this can be particularly interesting.

The more well known accounting software such as Xero and Quickbooks connects with some of these software packages seamlessly and can give you a real productivity boost.

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 By: Cathey Member since: Nov 8, 2016
  11. Bookmemate

Bookmemate UKBF Contributor Free Member

35 6
    Hi Sian, this is the area our business focuses on, however we haven't built in a payroll function as of yet. As such if you need payroll functionality Xero or Quickbooks with various add-ons will solve your problem. If you don't need payroll functionality check us out Bookmemate and PM me for a discount if you like.

Best of luck!

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 By: Bookmemate Member since: Feb 24, 2017