shire leasing/investec

Discussion in 'Legal' started by alan simpson, Oct 14, 2010.

1. alan simpson

alan simpson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Can any one give me update to whats happening to phone scam with
    shire leaseing and investec,
    Im an former golbal telecom customer,
    Was following julie from the therpy center,

Has any one been to court

Regards

Alan

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 By: alan simpson Member since: Oct 14, 2010
  2. SIMON22

SIMON22 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I am dealing with a case now for shire leasing and global , please email me what has happened to you please

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 By: SIMON22 Member since: Oct 15, 2010
  3. alan simpson

Hi Simon
    Basically we took out an phone system from global telecom,
    They said it included equipment worth 14k and all calls and broadband and maintanece was included for £327 per month, over 7 years,
    Shire was the leasing company but global did all the paperwork,
    However,
    It did not include the calls and broadband and maintanece as the said,

The equipment was worth only 2k and we did not get what was put on the invoice it was blank,they completed afterwards themselfs,

We were miss lead by global and shire leasing,invested have now taken over from shire after they sold on the lease and are taking me to court as I won't pay, due to not receiving the goods and services I was lead to believe it included
    I joined give me my money back, and nesbitt law took the the case over on ,
    No win no fee, but now assesed the chances of winning,
    And won't offer that service and are trying to get me pay an settlement

Regards
    Alan

Tel 07737336737

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 By: alan simpson Member since: Oct 14, 2010
  4. alan simpson

Can you phone me on 07737336737

Regards

Alan

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 By: alan simpson Member since: Oct 14, 2010
  5. SIMON22

I Will Call You Monday

Thanks

Simon

Posted: Oct 17, 2010 By: SIMON22 Member since: Oct 15, 2010
  6. SIMON22

if you were advised wrongly it looks promising going to email you later tonight , I do charge 20% of any compensation or any saving you make on result only , I do for free if you transfer your telecoms to my company on success either one .

Posted: Oct 18, 2010 By: SIMON22 Member since: Oct 15, 2010
  7. SWT1985

SWT1985 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

My business is in a similar position to Alan's. We have lease for equipment that we were led to believe included call allowance, maintenance, broadband, etc, etc.

I have exhausted communications with Siemens.

I am now in a position where i am going to cancel the dd and see what happens.

Any advice?

Paul

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 By: SWT1985 Member since: Nov 10, 2010
  8. SWT1985

My business is in a similar position to Alan's. We have lease for equipment that we were led to believe included call allowance, maintenance, broadband, etc, etc.

I have exhausted communications with Siemens.

I am now in a position where i am going to cancel the dd and see what happens.

Any advice?

Paul

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 By: SWT1985 Member since: Nov 10, 2010
  9. nickelsmore

nickelsmore Guest

hi, i have a similar problem to alan, but with shire leasing can you advise

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 By: nickelsmore Member since: Nov 10, 2010
  10. nickelsmore

nickelsmore Guest

i signed a lease with global for telephone equipment and services voip and broadband etc, they then went bust and i have ended up paying shire leasing for 6 years, i have stopped direct debit, and they are threatening court action, i am trying to negotiate with them, but they want at least £4700 for equipment worth £100 pounds has anybody had any luck with this issue

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 By: nickelsmore Member since: Nov 10, 2010
  11. SIMON22

The Only Thing I Find That Works Is The Call Package Issue If This Was Not Advised Properly Report This To Otelo As Bad Advice Or Poor Service Is Regulated By Them , I Have Had A Lot Of Success With This Previously

Ive Offered To Help People On Here , But No One Ever Actually Sends Me The Stuff I Need So Ive Given Up With This As Just Takes My Time Up For Nothing

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 By: SIMON22 Member since: Oct 15, 2010
  12. SWT1985

Hello Simon,

Siemens/Shire claim that the call package organized by Global does not effect the lease. Effectively they claim my monthly payment is for the equipment not the call package. My argument is that this was bundled together and sold by Global as a complete package. Why did Siemens/Shire agree to fund leases for equipment that was not worth 15% of the lease value? The reason has to be because they were aware that they were funding hardware and software.

Would making a complaint to the body you suggest help in my case?

Cheers

Paul

Posted: Nov 11, 2010 By: SWT1985 Member since: Nov 10, 2010
  13. SWT1985

Nicklesmore - Do you pay Shire or a 3rd party like Siemens?

Posted: Nov 11, 2010 By: SWT1985 Member since: Nov 10, 2010
  14. mattyorkshire

mattyorkshire UKBF Newcomer Free Member

My situation is as follows. My mother and her business partner owned an estate agents and had two offices. They signed a lease for 75 months for telephone equipment. They split the offices and went separate ways from 1st Jan 2009 and ended the partnership. She carried on paying her lease which is £333.04 per month. On the 1st Jan 2010 I bought the business from her and continued to pay the monthly figure as I didn't want them to pursue her through the courts. I haven't signed anything though.
    The lease was for the digital box on the wall and handsets. However there is a separate quarterly payment to BOSEF for approx £150.00 which is supposedly for the handsets. This ends at the end of 2011.
    The whole situation is completely bizarre and I would just appreciate any help?
    Thanks
    Matt

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 By: mattyorkshire Member since: Nov 30, 2010
  15. barryo

barryo UKBF Regular Free Member

These "bundled equipment" scams originated in Australia.

See http://www.telco-finance-scams.com/ for details.

One of the major players in that market is a Lebanese-Australian called Tony Hakim. He set up in the UK a few years ago as "Clear Communications" but closed the operation down in 2009 leaving huge debts behind.

If anything seems too good to be true, it probably is!

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 By: barryo Member since: Sep 5, 2010
  16. Robert D Mather

Robert D Mather UKBF Newcomer Free Member

You would all be interested to see the information revealed from the link into the website suggested by "barryo" on 5th dec 2010 in Alan Simpson's thread "Shire Leasing/Investec". Once on the site click on " CLICK HERE to watch the 4 Corners video clips" you can then play the full broadcast on Australian television "Bad Call" dated 1-11-2010 and also an interview with Graham Samuel and Sally Emsley.
    Australian ABC TV has done what we want BBC's Watchdog to do and forewarn all businesses in the country about being caught up in a telecom or leasing scam.
    It may not change anything legally at the moment but it gives an insight into what is going on.
    Robert D Mather.

Posted: Dec 13, 2010 By: Robert D Mather Member since: Nov 13, 2010
  17. Don Croman

Don Croman Guest

We have had the same situation, who was the Global representative who sold you the package? How are you getting on?

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 By: Don Croman Member since: Mar 30, 2011
  18. Robert D Mather

There is a court case nearing conclusion in Ipswich Crown Court that was brought by Herts Trading Standards against a director and the sales manager of Business Telecoms Ltd (Christopher Boughton-Fox and Jonathon Parish). The company allegedly lied to customers to tie them into long running contracts to secure lucrative commissions. They were allegedly told they could cancel deals after one year but later found themselves committed to unwanted and expensive seven year terms.

I have spoken to Ipswich Crown Court today to check progress of the case that has been running since January and has heard over 60 prosecution witnesses. I was told that the jury is expected to retire on Tues/Wed of next week (30/31 March).

The result of this trial could impact on all of our positions.

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 By: Robert D Mather Member since: Nov 13, 2010
  19. Janner

Janner UKBF Newcomer Free Member

The court case in Ipswich has finished with both men found guilty of fraud. They will be sentenced next week.
    Check out the forum under "Siemens"or "Extel Communications" and check the link to contact the Daily Mirror who are very interested in hearing from anyone who has a telephone leasing agreement with eiher Siemens, Shire or any other finance company. The more pepole we get on board with this the better.

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 By: Janner Member since: Mar 20, 2009
  20. Robert D Mather

Those of you who have also been following Julie Goodwin’s “Telephone Dilemma” strand will be aware that the directors and some sales staff of BC Telecom have been found guilty of fraud. Well Done to Julie for convincing her MP and Herts Trading Standards that a crime had been committed, and let us hope that the perpetrators all get their just deserts for the financial stress and the worry they have caused to many innocent people.

It is important that the leasing companies involved are also brought to account as, without their backing and connivance, most scams would never get off the ground. It is too easy for them to take the money then try to pass the buck by saying they are not responsible for negotiating the retail price as that’s a matter between the vendor and customer. Leasing companies do have a responsibility, as laid down in the Business Finance Code (para 3.7), to take reasonable steps to check that prices paid for assets being leased are fair and reasonable. It’s obviously more lucrative for them to ignore this and take as much as they can get away with.

It’s therefore important for everyone who has succumbed to any leasing scam to ensure that they complain loudly to both the leasing company concerned and to the Financial Leasing Association (FLA). The leasing companies won’t then be able to claim as they’ve done in the BC Telecom case, that they are not complicit with any fraud, nor will the FLA be able to say they are unaware that their members are not complying with the FLA Business Finance Code.

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 By: Robert D Mather Member since: Nov 13, 2010