Recommended inspection services in China?

Discussion in 'International Business' started by John_V85, Jun 27, 2020.

1. John_V85

John_V85 UKBF Contributor Free Member

36 3
    As per title, can we are looking for suggestions for provider of inspection services in China, specifically including Fujian?

We are looking to move from more standard/bundled inspections to something more independent, thorough and customisable with good contact between us and the inspector.

We would likely be looking for a range of services including supplier/factory audit, and inspections during manufacture and pre-shipment.

To pre-empt some, I have reached out to My Office in China, who would appear to largely fit the bill, but they do not cover the Fujian region.

Thanks.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 By: John_V85 Member since: Jan 11, 2019
  2. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA UKBF Legend Full Member

5,610 1,319
    Hi John

It's best to get a company based in Fujian to keep your costs down.

Unfortunately due to COVID we are restricting the travel required to provinces outside of Guangdong, where we are based.

Try V-Trust or Asia Inspection Services, as they may cover the Fujian Area.

If they can't help, let me know and I'll see if I can recommend other companies.

Regards

Ron

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  3. Red Wood

Red Wood UKBF Regular Free Member

475 51
    When travel resumes you could send someone from your team?

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 By: Red Wood Member since: Jan 14, 2014
  4. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

5,610 1,319
    Economically, it's better to use a company who already has an inspection team in a specific province.

Travel expenses just adds to the cost.

Having good knowledge on the product(s) to be inspected is paramount. (IMHO)

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  5. CHUKTC

CHUKTC UKBF Regular Free Member

172 29
    I agree with the above - we always use local inspection teams for our clients. It makes repeat visits much easier if required and on going monitoring which some of our clients use. To be honest travel around China is relatively easy and our staff (also in Guangdong) are still travelling around China when required - its more about a cost effective solution for you.
    If the inspections are of a technical nature then I agree it's very important to use an inspector who is qualified in that product area. It's relatively easy to set up a customised inspection service in China.

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 By: CHUKTC Member since: Jan 2, 2019
  6. Red Wood

Red Wood UKBF Regular Free Member

475 51
    I didn't realise the fee's would be that low. I'm quite hands on I guess and would worry that my attention to detail wouldn't be matched by theirs.

The product knowledge as you said is also so important. Why pay someone who doesn't understand the market or the products or the particular manufacturing process to your specific industry.

I think there is good case for services such as the above, absolutely, but where technical knowledge is required, I'll continue to jump on a plane.

simplistic view is also I enjoy visiting our manufacturing partners in China, they sure do know how to host clients, I'll give them that!

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 By: Red Wood Member since: Jan 14, 2014
  7. CHUKTC

172 29
    There is a slight problem with Jumping on a plane - unless you have a Chinese passport you are not currently allowed to enter China. If you are lucky enough to have one you have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine before you are allowed out. For most people therefore one has no option but to get someone to do the inspections on your behalf - at least for the time being.

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 By: CHUKTC Member since: Jan 2, 2019
  8. John_V85

36 3
    Thanks for the suggestions so far and welcome any more.

In an ideal world it would obviously be nice to do these oneself, but given the number of orders, etc. I'd have to move to China and do little else.

So periodically, yes. But for each order it needs to be a third-party solution.

The real thing I'm looking for is interaction with the inspector (or team) and being able to focus the inspection on particular aspects (if not all) of an agreed specification ("please pay special attention to Xm Y and Z...."), rather than the production in more general terms within the AQL framwork, which has been the case for some of the inspections we have previously had.

John

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 By: John_V85 Member since: Jan 11, 2019
  9. CHUKTC

172 29
    Hi John
    If you want to send me some details of the product you want inspected and the sort of inspections you require we can probably put you in touch with a person locally in Fujian to help. ([email protected])

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 By: CHUKTC Member since: Jan 2, 2019
  10. Maple Sourcing

Maple Sourcing UKBF Regular Full Member

370 79
    How often do you need QC inspection/audit? If you need it over 3 times / week, I'd suggest you hire your own QC inspector. If you only need inspection occasionally, working with a third-party inspection company is OK. Because of the small volume, I'd suggest you trying to find a small / medium sized inspection company to get a relatively better service.

You may also consider using free-lance QC inspectors. If you need, I can recommend a few people to you.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 By: Maple Sourcing Member since: Oct 8, 2012
  11. John_V85

36 3
    Thanks for the suggestions.

We have an immediate need which we are going to trial V-Trust for, but I don't get the immediate feeling that they're very different from the more generic/bundle services we've used previously.

@Maple Sourcing Our inspection frequency at the moment is probably 1 per week on average, but for now at least they are often bunched quite close together with quiet periods in between.

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 By: John_V85 Member since: Jan 11, 2019
  12. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

5,610 1,319
    @John_V85

Let me know (via PM) how you get on with V-Trust (Final costs, efficiency of report, etc etc). If you are not satisfied, I'll see what I can do to help you.

I'm mindful to keep your QC costs down, while providing the level of service, specifically to follow your precise instructions within the testing required.

I hope it goes well.

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  13. Mister B

Mister B UKBF Ace Free Member

2,461 574
    We've used Asia Inspection on multiple occassions over the past ten years and always found them to be efficient and effective. The booking form allows you to go into great detail as to any specific attention you need them to pay.

Money well spent IMHO.

Mister B

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 By: Mister B Member since: Aug 31, 2007