Recommendations Needed Please

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Mister B, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Mister B

Mister B UKBF Ace Free Member

2,337 529
    We currently have a relatively basic, under performing M2 site and have been looking to upgrade it in order to maximise our online presence and potential.

Having used our existing developer/designer for the past couple of years, we've become tired of the slow response to requests and even more tired of the lack of action.

So, we're looking for recommendations on and companies that may be prepared to visit the site, and make recommendations as to how it may be improved, along with an idea of price.

TIA

Mister B

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 By: Mister B Member since: Aug 31, 2007
  2. james_firmsites

james_firmsites UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

595 153
    Can you post a link or PM one so I (and others) can get an idea of what you require? There is stuff in your past posts about things like linworks and amazon integration so you might find it helpful to post a few bullet points about the size of site and the key points you are looking for in a recommendation.

There will be lots of basic ecommerce vendors that might not be up to migrating large product bases or integrating them with other systems so in order to recommend someone appropriate or put themselves forward it helps to know a ball park of what you're after.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 By: james_firmsites Member since: Dec 20, 2012
  3. Mister B

2,337 529
    Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

I'll send you a link to the site by PM, but in short:

The site only looks after around 500 SKUs.
    Design wise I'm quite comfortable with it, but it needs polishing around the edges, so as to go from adequate to good.
    It doesn't work well on ipads and some mobile devices, which should be easy enough to resolve.

Once it's been polished, next year I would want to develop it again to a stage whereby I'm really comfortable with it.

So, in effect it could be a two stage operation.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 By: Mister B Member since: Aug 31, 2007
  4. james_firmsites

james_firmsites UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

595 153
    Ah so less complex than perhaps I would have thought. We do ecommerce from £45 per month for bespoke setup, hosting and support. There are cheaper options (along the lines of shopify) but then you are putting in more time/work yourself.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 By: james_firmsites Member since: Dec 20, 2012
  5. Vadym Gurevych

Vadym Gurevych UKBF Contributor Full Member

47 4
    Would be happy to review and recommend improvements, if required. Could you please PM me the link and any information you deem useful? Thanks!

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 By: Vadym Gurevych Member since: Sep 15, 2015
  6. Anderz

Anderz UKBF Contributor Free Member

80 4
    I use Shopify. I got 1500 + SKU and works great. I can highly recommend it.

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 By: Anderz Member since: Jun 25, 2018
  7. ThePropertyServices

ThePropertyServices UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 3
    BigCommerce and Shopify can save you thousands and a lot, a lot of time and problems than trying to do it yourself with a programmer. Unless you really know the programmer in person, most good and stable sites rely on BigCommerce and Shopify, for themes (designs) I recommend ThemeForest.net, the biggest place to find a great design. If you cannot find 10000 great choices there, then, get ready to spend a lot of time and money. Good luck

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 By: ThePropertyServices Member since: Mar 21, 2018
  8. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,102 525
    By signing up to this forum you'll be able to get forum members to review the site and it's incredibly good value. This is also the sort of thing we do but we'd need to charge for our time so feel free to get in touch if you like.

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  9. Page

Page UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,542 265
    I think unless you have very specific requirements then shopify is a good place to be

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 By: Page Member since: Jul 28, 2007
  10. wayzgoose

wayzgoose UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

738 106
    Personally, without specific requirements, I can't think why anyone would choose Shopify.

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 By: wayzgoose Member since: Oct 9, 2007
  11. Charlotte Barnes

Charlotte Barnes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 2
    Could certainly help you out, we only focus on M1 and M2 sites so can have a look and offer some recommendations. PM me if you'd like to get in touch

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 By: Charlotte Barnes Member since: May 6, 2015
  12. GURUCLOUD

GURUCLOUD UKBF Contributor Full Member

37 2
    Happy to take a look and pass you on details of a few devs that should be able to help! Feel free to PM.

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 By: GURUCLOUD Member since: Jun 15, 2018
  13. Mister B

2,337 529
    Thanks for all of your replies, I'll be in touch in due course.

TMM

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 By: Mister B Member since: Aug 31, 2007
  14. DG web consultancy

DG web consultancy UKBF Contributor Free Member

58 5
    What is an M1 and M2 website? During my 11 years of building them never heard that jargon, so maybe I refer to what they mean as something else.

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 By: DG web consultancy Member since: Apr 2, 2018
  15. Page

Page UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,542 265
    Well without specific requirements - and they are hard to know until you have extensive experience in this area - what it gives you is a good enough and simple to get going start point

And thus starts the road to learning and discovery and experience

Rather than the first thing you have in your way is lot of hurdles and barriers

And that stops progress

Posted: Jul 21, 2018 By: Page Member since: Jul 28, 2007