Ecommerce Forum Brought to you by i-bidder.com

Please help me with poll

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by fastprint.co.uk, Mar 2, 2018.

?

On the last day of delivery I should expect

1. Bugs that are easy to see

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bugs that are not easy to spot as they should have tested

100.0%
  3. I am being to hard on the developers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. fastprint.co.uk

fastprint.co.uk UKBF Contributor Full Member

85 2
    In regards to delivery of software or sites I am try to figure out if I am being hard on the developers, if I gave a project to a web/software company and they had 4 months to build it and a delivery date of the end of February would you expect to take delivery on the last day of February and basic functionally to not work at be riddled with bugs that are easy to see (I would have expected them to move it from the dev server and check the live site for bugs before delivery)?

I also thought you would get bugs but they will be on not easy to see functionality.

They also keep reminding me how hard they have worked but the time for complete 400hrs has not been exceed but they have a lot of large projects the company has taken on which I do not see as my issue?

I would appreciate you help on this poll

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 By: fastprint.co.uk Member since: May 28, 2015
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

10,554 1,106
    Would delivery on time (or explanation why not done well in advance of the agreed date) without any bugs at all be an option?

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. BigPhill

BigPhill UKBF Contributor Free Member

41 15
    I personally believe that *most* bugs should be ironed out before a website goes live.

Obviously, not every bug can be foreseen, this can be particularly true with custom systems.

However if you're using a professional developer, most bugs should be known if their using standard frameworks such as Wordpress, Magento, OpenCart, Prestashop and so on.

Has your developer built a completely new CMS from the ground up? or are they building a new theme with custom plugins / modules?

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 By: BigPhill Member since: Oct 13, 2017
  4. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,165 536
    When we agree a deadline like this, we have it in our terms that we will do first rounds of testing and fix major bugs that we find, but there may still be minor / styling type bugs found.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010