PCI Compliance

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by PCLTD, May 11, 2019.

1. PCLTD

PCLTD UKBF Contributor Free Member

31 4
    HI everyone,

I was with PaymentSense for a few years for my e-commerce payment provider and about two months ago switched to WorldPay.

A couple of days ago we received an email from PaymentSense saying our PCI compliance was over due and needed to b updated ASAP.

Although this is over due and we will get it resolved next week is this something we need to do going forward or will we get a similar set up from WorldPay and the payment sense one will no longer be needed?

Sorry if its a bit of a daft question but the whole PCI set up is a bit of a nightmare for me!

Posted: May 11, 2019 By: PCLTD Member since: Aug 3, 2018
  2. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,830 284
    Hello PCLTD. How do you take payments? Is it customer present or customer not present?

Posted: May 13, 2019 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  3. PCLTD

31 4
    Customer not present. We are based online only.

Posted: May 13, 2019 By: PCLTD Member since: Aug 3, 2018
  4. Nochexman

1,830 284
  5. PCLTD

31 4
    They are on our website so once the customer adds to cart they then checkout through the website.

6. Nochexman

1,830 284
    It sounds like you are self-certifying through your payment processor. So, you no longer need the certification from PaymentSense; you will need to do certification through Worldpay. If they have not already contacted you (and added this to your charges), it would be worth finding out how they make the process work.

7. PCLTD

31 4
    Thanks for the info.

I managed to get to the bottom of it with Payment sense, as the account was closed they said ignore the compliance and they will take care of it.

I believe worldpay is up to date as we haven't needed to do anything as of yet.

Thanks again :)

8. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Full Member

225 38
    To clarify for anyone else, you only really need PCI Compliance if you are processing payments and storing sensitive information such as card details in your own systems/website.

For example services such as worldpay, authorizenet, paypal do the processing and handling for you so you generally don't need PCI Compliance.

Hope this clears things up for anyone confused.

Posted: May 16, 2019 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  9. wayzgoose

wayzgoose UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

775 113
    I seem to remember a few years ago when we were with Sage Pay, we still had to pay for PCI Compliance even though all payments were handled off site. It seemed to be a PCI Compliance charge and form fill to show we didn't need PCI Compliance!

Posted: May 20, 2019 By: wayzgoose Member since: Oct 9, 2007