Paypal Help

Discussion in 'Websites & Ecommerce' started by Slinkie, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slinkie

Slinkie UKBF Newcomer

69 0
    Hi Folks,

I am in the process of finalising a new site and want to use paypal as my payment method. I have set everything up through the site so when the customer places an order they are taken to paypal automatically.

I have tried running through the order process to buy something and have paid through paypal (from my personal paypal account linked to my bank account to my business paypal account).

I did this a couple of days ago and the payment still says pending! I always assumed that paypal was a quick method of payment. How long does it take for the money to "clear" in these transactions? Is there something I have to do in order to make it clear?

Thanks all

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 By: Slinkie Member since: Sep 5, 2006
  2. cinddy

cinddy Contributor

145 15
    Hnn...!!! well this is really a issue. the best way to solve out is to open claim box of paypal and have a detail complain about that. They will get back to you within hours that's for sure. Good Luck

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 By: cinddy Member since: Nov 24, 2009
  3. thecyclingartist

thecyclingartist Contributor

272 48
    There could be 2 reasons:

1. Payment method. If the payment was sent as an e-cheque (meaning the customer didn't use a credit card and has no Paypal balance) then the funds came from their bank account and take time to clear just like a normal paper cheque.

2. Your account type. If you have a Personal (rather than business or premiere) account you may need to "claim" the payment. If you log in to your Paypal there would be a link/button to do so if that were the problem.

Hope it's one of those, which are at least easy reasons rather than a problem. :)

Tina.

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 By: thecyclingartist Member since: Mar 25, 2010
  4. Nigelnt

Nigelnt UKBF Newcomer

28 0
    1. When testing a system it's better to use sandbox.paypal. com . But before you should get registered at developer.paypal. com and create there business and personal accounts for test transfers.
    Business account is for recipient (shop), personal one is for sender (for buyer).
    There are also a lot of developed classes for php. You can find them at phpclasses. org.
    In order to switch between testing and live payment server you need only to replace its adrress in script:
    Test sandbox.paypal. com/cgi-bin/webscr
    Live paypal. com/cgi-bin/webscr"

Important - shop must have business account.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me in Skype: nigel_nt

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 By: Nigelnt Member since: Apr 2, 2010
  5. Raw Rob

Raw Rob Contributor

1,124 236
    As Tina says, if it was what PayPal call an "e-cheque" then this usually takes 10 days to clear. If the customer uses a credit or debit card or has funds in their PayPal account then transactions usually clear immediately.

Rob

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 By: Raw Rob Member since: Aug 1, 2009
  6. Slinkie

Slinkie UKBF Newcomer

69 0
    Hi folks,

I sorted this earlier on. I turned out I did have to claim the payment, however, my paypal accout is set up as business so should I need to change a setting somewhere to automatically claim the payment

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 By: Slinkie Member since: Sep 5, 2006
  7. Page

Page Contributor

3,561 266
    But after that still test it.

A few years ago my guy thought sandbox was enough and ........

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 By: Page Member since: Jul 28, 2007
  8. Nigelnt

Nigelnt UKBF Newcomer

28 0
    yes but after testing in sandbox this much easier

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 By: Nigelnt Member since: Apr 2, 2010
  9. FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper

FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper Contributor

1,561 348
    You shouldn't have to claim payments, unless as has been mentioned your personal account is not linked to a bank account therefore payments sent are by eCheque which must be cleared like a normal cheque.

Is the email address you used definitely correctly, not another one of your email addresses. Are you using your Paypal Primary email address (if you have multiple Paypal email addresses under 1 account) in the eCommerce setup, this is a common requirement with many carts.

Have you got a friend/relative that can try it for you too, then just issue a refund.

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 By: FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper Member since: Sep 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.