Paypal Braintree Payments Portal

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Mr Singh, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Mr Singh

Mr Singh UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 2
    Hi what do you think about Paypal Braintree payment portal?

I tested on my website and I personally did a sale. Being with halifax they blocked my card thinking it to be fraud activity. One of my customer's order got declined as his bank did not authorised it as well, I lost a sale there.

Has anybody else had same problems or can anybody refer any other payment portal as I am with EKM we've few payment portal options like klarna, amazon payments, barclay card, worldpay, sage pay and they even offer direct bank transfer which I am not sure how secure is that.

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 By: Mr Singh Member since: Jan 30, 2018
  2. finleydesign

finleydesign UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

547 119
    You need to say what the problem is?, not sure anyone can comment until you say what the "problems" are

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 By: finleydesign Member since: Mar 15, 2012
  3. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,420 595
    Agreed I'm not sure what the question is. There could be a number of reasons for the card issuer to block/decline a transaction even if funds are available. The customer should check with the card issuer and see if they can resolve any issue before trying again on your website.

With regards to using alternative providers on EKM, you could ask their own community what they all use?

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009
  4. Mr Singh

Mr Singh UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 2
    What my bank said was they never heard of some payment provider called paypal braintree so they thought it to be suspicious activity. That's why they blocked my transaction. My question was I am not sure is this payment portal any good or not. If anybody else has heard about it or tried it.

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 By: Mr Singh Member since: Jan 30, 2018
  5. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,420 595
    I've certainly heard of it and as the name suggests they are owned by PayPal so it is odd that your bank would not recognize it. Perhaps it was that it was the first transaction using this processor which lead to the block.

Being a bureau service their rates are set rates regardless of card type and I don't think they offer a Virtual Terminal service (as we have had some clients move to us from them for this reason).

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009
  6. Steve_g

Steve_g UKBF Regular Free Member

188 25
    Brainteee are really good, we used them for CC processing and PayPal integration on a Magneto store, nice interface and problem free processing and good (US) based support.

No idea why the bank declined it, we were processing upto 100 CC transactions a day and just got the usual decline codes.

One downside and the reason we no longer use if that the anti fraud is a little weak, if your in a high risk sector for CC fraud look at Stripe they have a Radar interface that works really well and flags payments with certain criteria for manual checks (such as an EU card being used for a UK address etc) - they will also match BT rates.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: Steve_g Member since: Jun 19, 2012