MLR help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
Would some one please do me a favour by issuing a post which shows a step by step process they do for each new client for MLR.

I am trying to make sure I am following the correct procedures.
Currently I issue cdd, risk assessment and obtain proof of identity, and also where possible company/business documents from companies house.

Also should I be registered for data protection?
I am a new self employed bookkeeper, I work mainly offsite but sometimes I do some work at home. All MLR records are kept at home.

Thank you
Aaron

Last edited:

Aaron

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
Elaine, I am registered with the ICB.

Geoff thanks for the information regarding dp.

I was just asking what other people did to see if I was doing it correctly, as everytime if read the ICB manual or the HMRC Website I just end up feeling more confused. :redface:

Upvote 0

Bridget1968

Free Member
Oct 17, 2007
I currently work onsite for a few clients, when reading the MLR on the HMRC website it states that I must keep copies of clients records??? This just seems impossible as all their paperwork is kept at their offices, is this something I should adhere to or am i getting confused.... help!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu