Mail Chimp and WooCommerce - going round in circles, help!

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by BeautyStartUp, Apr 9, 2019.

1. BeautyStartUp

BeautyStartUp UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 3
    Hi,

So I have a FREE Mailchimp Account which I have integrated into my WooCommerce site. BUT I cannot get my head around what I need to install/pay.

I am launching a customer retention strategy for the first time (1 year in, I now actually have some customers!) so I want to implement:

- Thank you emails to all new customers
    - More personalised order notifications
    - Abandoned cart nudge emails
    - Customer loyalty scheme (using Woocommerce plugin for this) with a Welcome/About us Email plus regular nudges re points earnt etc.
    - Check in post delivery to customers (how was our service/can you leave a review etc)
    - Exclusive offers to customers on our loyalty scheme

etc etc

I thought that I could set up Automation campaigns in Mailchimp to deal with most of this BUT I cannot seem to find a way to connect up my customer accounts in Woocommerce to my existing Mailchimp account. It seems that I need another plugin to do this AND to also pay a monthly free to Mailchimp??

I have tried looking at Mailchimp's information online and it is so so confusing. Can someone who has done this talk me through what they did and what worked?

Thank you on advance for saving me hours of research time!!

-

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 By: BeautyStartUp Member since: Mar 6, 2019
  2. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,375 583
    I think contacting a WooCommerce developer might be the best solution. Yes you may have to pay some money to solve it but it will save you hours trying to research it and solving it yourself. Alex

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  3. d3lvedesign

d3lvedesign UKBF Contributor Free Member

43 6
    Posted: Apr 9, 2019 By: d3lvedesign Member since: Aug 11, 2014
  4. BeautyStartUp

BeautyStartUp UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 3

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 By: BeautyStartUp Member since: Mar 6, 2019
  5. d3lvedesign

d3lvedesign UKBF Contributor Free Member

43 6
    Right, so you have customers on WooCommerce? If you do, you'll need to import these into a list on Mailchimp. However, in saying that you'll need permission from them to be on your list. This is a very tricky area right now, due to GDPR. So I would create a list using your existing customer data in WooCommerce, and then send these subscribers an email asking them to opt-in and if they wish to remain on the list.

There should be a sync option in your plug-in which allows you to sync all subscribers to Mailchimp so you don't need to do it manually.

https://mailchimp.com/help/connect-or-disconnect-mailchimp-for-woocommerce/

Scroll down to step 11. in the above link.

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 By: d3lvedesign Member since: Aug 11, 2014