local councils choosing greener option

Discussion in 'Green Business' started by on31ll, Nov 18, 2019.

1. on31ll

on31ll UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    im looking to start a generator company. somebody has told me that if i apply for tenders for council run events etc that if i supply a "greener" service that other contractors they have to lean towards my company. any truth in this ? anybody know ?

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 By: on31ll Member since: Nov 18, 2019
  2. intheTRADE

intheTRADE UKBF Regular Free Member

175 46
    There is some truth in that councils are trying to be seen as being more 'green' but having tendered for council contracts in the past it will ultimately still come down to cost which is what they are driven by

If you can offer a greener service with equal quality at roughly the same cost then you might be in with a chance. Go in with your costs way way above the rest and you will almost certainly be overlooked

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 By: intheTRADE Member since: Apr 14, 2019
  3. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

17,635 2,006
    Tender bid scoring.
    If there is a score for greenness or environmental impact a greener company may score higher in that.
    Last I looked the scores were weighted in favour of price. A more expensive service that better meets requirements can win. One that is more expensive and is better only in one area of the criteria... may be beaten by a worse cheaper service.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  4. RbuddieLTD

RbuddieLTD UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 1
    Creating a free to down load app which which will create a greener and more healthier planet. Along side this I will be running fundraisers to help save the rainforests next year. Already Have the support of a huge charity when I’m up and running but I don’t know how to get the council on board anybody know how to do that?

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 By: RbuddieLTD Member since: Nov 23, 2019
  5. Mr D

17,635 2,006
    Speak to your councillors.
    Find out who you need to speak to within the council.
    Convince them of your product.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  6. RbuddieLTD

8 1
    I have spoken with councillors and they have just pointed out businesses Wales and I am already working with them. I am really looking for an investor to take my app off the ground. It’s had good responses for the places I have pitched and I have been offered partnership with an environmental company when it’s up and running.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 By: RbuddieLTD Member since: Nov 23, 2019
  7. Mr D

17,635 2,006
    Then perhaps a new thread about wanting investors will generate some responses.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  8. estwig

estwig UKBF Legend Free Member

12,352 4,330
    I see the current of your electrifying post and I raise it's power.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 By: estwig Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  9. Nico Albrecht

Nico Albrecht UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

627 103
    You know that servers to provide data require a lot of energy to run. Would you mind sharing your numbers and idea?

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 By: Nico Albrecht Member since: May 2, 2017
  10. RbuddieLTD

8 1
    Nico Albrecht- yes I am aware of that energy. But what I will save will be over a million plus trees a year save animals habitats. retailers spend £35million a year on paper receipts in the uk alone 116billions receipts produced yearly All this adds to 1.5billion pounds of unnecessary waste. If we could chat over phone or email about my product that would be great

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 By: RbuddieLTD Member since: Nov 23, 2019