Linking Facebook Shop to Ecommerce Shop

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by katieh, Feb 19, 2019.

1. katieh

katieh UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 0
    Hi I hope this is in the right section. A while ago I helped a small business to set up a Facebook shop tab on their business page. We added products with a link to each product's page on their ecommerce website. It works well and they still add products. Customers click the link and get taken to the website to complete their purchase. Today I tried to do the same for a friend's business. They have an online shop and a FB business page. So I followed the same steps - added a Shop tab and added the first product. But FB seem to be forcing us to stay on their platform with no option to link to the ecommerce website. Have I missed something? Now customers have to message us to buy (nightmare) and we have to maintain inventory on FB too. Is this the new FB way of running a shop?

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 By: katieh Member since: Jun 6, 2012
  2. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,511 605
    What ecommerce platform are you using? Some platforms such as Shopify, ShopIntegrator and ECWID have pre-built integration options for Facebook.

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009
  3. katieh

katieh UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 0
    Hi thanks for your reply. We're using Wordpress with Woocommerce.

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 By: katieh Member since: Jun 6, 2012
  4. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,511 605
    Posted: Feb 19, 2019 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009
  5. evhow90

evhow90 UKBF Contributor Free Member

27 4
    Yes, above that's the easiest way to integrate it, just be aware it does tend to put every product on, and you then have to go and remove it which can be annoying. Just check the settings first.

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 By: evhow90 Member since: Mar 3, 2019
  6. Taobao agent

Taobao agent UKBF Contributor Full Member

73 0
    Hi
    I am really interested in how to link the online shop to the Facebook page. Hope someone can share the steps to me.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 By: Taobao agent Member since: Jul 23, 2018
  7. winwinweb

winwinweb UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 0
    Hi All,
    FB changes options from time to time but what I found FB is they have options as Shop in which you can link your bank account and do payment instead of redirect to customer website. They ( FB ) do not want the user to move out their website. :).
    Create a store of your own and get help people like us and using social media for your promotion, not as the selling point.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 By: winwinweb Member since: Mar 14, 2019
  8. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,810 280
    I have very strong suspicion that FB are doing all they can to get people to use their shop facility and doing all they can to stop people from linking to an external website.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011