Let me know what you use for e-commerce customer support

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by postbrexitandbeyond, May 26, 2018.

1. postbrexitandbeyond

postbrexitandbeyond UKBF Contributor Free Member

30 2
    I'm looking for suggestions on the best e-commerce customer support software, because I'm planning to add it to my store, because at the moment, managing every channel independently has become a real hell and I feel like it is escaping out of my control...

I've been looking into different proposals, and at the moment, Kayako's ecommerce support solution is my favorite, because I like the interface, the tools and the ease of use, which is perfect for me, someone who doesn't like to bother too much with the technical aspect of software.

I'm also considering xsellco, Zendesk and DeskPro, but so far now, Kayako is my favorite. However, I'd like to know your opinions about it and the other options I've listed here. Your feedback will come in handy!

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
    Posted: May 26, 2018 By: postbrexitandbeyond Member since: May 6, 2018
  2. HC-Samuel

HC-Samuel UKBF Regular Free Member

151 4
    We started using Zendesk and have it integrated with Magento. We did use HelpDesk MX which is a magento extension which was very good, but we wanted an independently hosted system and chose Zendesk for that.

Posted: May 27, 2018 By: HC-Samuel Member since: Jan 14, 2007
  3. lesliedocherty

lesliedocherty UKBF Ace Free Member

2,125 283
    Front seems pretty good by all accounts

Posted: May 28, 2018 By: lesliedocherty Member since: Jun 17, 2006
  4. Vadym Gurevych

Vadym Gurevych UKBF Contributor Full Member

47 4
    Kayako or DeskPro would be our recommendation. We have worked with both for many years (10ish) and both have been really really good.

Kayako now has 2 versions - Classic (self hosted) and Cloud. DeskPro is more about self hosted. We integrated Kayako with a number of solutions in the past, and it is quite straight forward.

Hope this helps!

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 By: Vadym Gurevych Member since: Sep 15, 2015
  5. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,045 517
    My personal social media feels a bit like that these days! People messaging on all different channels, whatsapp, facebook, twitter, snapchat, insta etc. etc. Maybe someone should make a personal rather than business version of these!

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  6. Page

Page UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,542 264
    Did you look at xsellco at all - it has been on my list to look at

I wondered what you thought of it compared to Kayokao

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 By: Page Member since: Jul 28, 2007
  7. HC-Samuel

151 4
    Reviews for Xsellco don't see that good and I found it pretty bloated during my trial, I also ran into issues where I would see a 404 or the documentation didn't match the screen or menu options I was looking at.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 By: HC-Samuel Member since: Jan 14, 2007
  8. Page

Page UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,542 264
    We totally need something that integrates with Linn and the channels

So we will take less of a good side to acheive that

Xsellco does that - hence my question
    Plus I think some others
    (It is a secondary area for me)

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 By: Page Member since: Jul 28, 2007
  9. webhostuk

webhostuk UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,332 164
    You can try Vision Helpdesk advance feature with user-friendly and customizable portal. Presently they are much better than some well-known customer support software with Multi-company satellite feature which non if the above offers and some more unique feature required for today's customer support.

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009
  10. HC-Samuel

151 4
    Be very careful of v5 of Vision Helpdesk as it had a number of showstopper bugs that prevented me from recommending it, including Macros not showing up on the list of Macros despite being created.

Another one into the mix is Supportpal (its self hosted however). I think of the ones you have mentioned DeskPro is very under rated and its highly configurable and has some great options. The biggest problem with Deskpro is its interface and it could really be doing with a facelift and making some fonts bigger for my old eyes :)

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 By: HC-Samuel Member since: Jan 14, 2007
  11. webhostuk

1,332 164
    Ohh really, it seems V5 has just launched a couple of weeks ago and every new version does require few fixes.. even Apple does it :), and these guys do fix issue much better than some of the listed providers, infact we did use Kayako and fixing the issue is a big task. Frankly, I have not found a single support desk company offering quick support like Vision helpdesk.. So I will still recommend.

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009
  12. HC-Samuel

151 4
    I can now second that as I reported the issues to them yesterday and they have fixed them. So pretty impressive.

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 By: HC-Samuel Member since: Jan 14, 2007
  13. webhostuk

1,332 164
    Wow, that's fast.. infact this is the reason we like them, being in service industry product quality and support is important for us. And we did not find single customer software giving good support try any software they are not quick in terms of support, we even used WHMCS their support for simple reply takes week or 2 :(.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009