Import costs

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Seal-tech, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seal-tech

Seal-tech UKBF Newcomer Free Member

184 22
    Hi Everyone

Im setting up a little drop shipping business on the side and am looking at also bringing in some products from China etc. Does anyone have an idea as to how much the import costs would be on a product that costs $20 and is classed as a Health product (not electrical etc just a physical item)

Sorry its a bit vague at the moment but I dont want to give too much away at this time.

Thanks

Posted: May 10, 2010 By: Seal-tech Member since: Sep 8, 2009
  2. Tomasd

Tomasd UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 2
    Apart from the shipping costs, vat, duty (the latter can be found on the business link website), you need to be careful with health products. These have to meet UK standards, including labelling. You need to check with your local Trading Standards office on this.

Posted: May 12, 2010 By: Tomasd Member since: Feb 17, 2010
  3. sun.kash

sun.kash UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    HEllo People
    I want import tools from china, can anyone suggest metal importing china rules and cheap courier/freight services.

Suneel

Posted: May 30, 2010 By: sun.kash Member since: May 30, 2010
  4. samuel zhao

samuel zhao UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 1
    The cost depends on the weight and measurement of the goods your imported....

:D

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 By: samuel zhao Member since: Jul 6, 2010
  5. ADS-MARKETING

ADS-MARKETING UKBF Newcomer Free Member

283 31
    It will also depend on your supplier. Some suppliers will label items as gifts which means they won't be charged import tax. Make sure your supplier doesn't do this as it is illegal as you will be operating as a business.

Some items won't get charged import tax (a % depending on what the type of item is and what category it falls into) All items will get charged VAT at the current rate of 17.5%

If you need any help with importing just let me know as I have brought items from all over the world in the past and have contacts in the electronics/mobile phone market.

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 By: ADS-MARKETING Member since: Feb 19, 2010
  6. thecyclingartist

thecyclingartist UKBF Newcomer Free Member

272 48
    Posted: Jul 6, 2010 By: thecyclingartist Member since: Mar 25, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.