image question

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Pet Nanny, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Pet Nanny

Pet Nanny UKBF Ace Full Member

1,223 88
    Would really appreciate your advice regarding a graphic that I put together on canva yesterday, which I would like to include on my website.

Considering that I run a pet sitting agency, I have tried to ensure that our site is awash with information that we hope would answer peoples questions when considering having a live-in pet sitter, while at the same time, wanting our passion for animal welfare to shine through, so I wonder if this would be appropriate for our home page.

I dont thing I can add an image, but it is a quote which reads ' Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened' by Anatole France. It is in a blue box, which I would like to place on the website. Do you think this would be appropriate?

My website is www.ninasnanniesforpets.co.uk

I am also looking to add 'Petsitters wanted', to our menu bar at the top of our home page, so can anyone recommend a utube video on how to do this please?

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 By: Pet Nanny Member since: May 4, 2007
  2. MatMan

MatMan UKBF Newcomer Full Member

15 5
    Hi there!

I think it is appropriate if it adds something to the site. If it is one of those things that draws too much attention without offering anything for the user then I would tend to avoid it.

As for adding a menu item, it looks like you are using Wordpress. I am not allowed to post links yet, but there are plenty of guides available if you google "adding a new menu item in wordpress"

MM

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 By: MatMan Member since: Feb 5, 2018
  3. TheoNe

TheoNe UKBF Regular Full Member

135 14
    I would add in the main header, by the video a 'book now' button. Should be as clear as possible how to make a booking.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 By: TheoNe Member since: Jul 6, 2019
  4. TheoNe

TheoNe UKBF Regular Full Member

135 14
    And actually have a proper booking page, not just contact us. Doesn't need to be a live booking, but should feel like a booking page, not a contact page.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 By: TheoNe Member since: Jul 6, 2019