how to set up a voucher code site

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by raj ramanan, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raj ramanan

raj ramanan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    i work in aviation industry and facinated my voucher code site .i would like to develp a voucher code site ? any ideas ? i know the revenue for the voucher code sites come from advertising and percentage of the transaction.i really appreciate ur advise .thanks

Posted: Jul 16, 2010 By: raj ramanan Member since: Jul 16, 2010
  2. LicensedToTrade

LicensedToTrade UKBF Legend Free Member

6,330 2,143
    Setting up the website itself is the easy part, getting enough traffic is the real issue. It is catch 22, in order to get a good stock of vouchers you need visitors to submit them, in order to get enough visitors you need good voucher stock.

One of the better known voucher code websites was actually created by a member of this very forum.

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 By: LicensedToTrade Member since: Nov 7, 2009
  3. Astaroth

Astaroth UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4,076 279
    The income comes from you being an affiliate of the sites you hold vouchers for and therefor receive income from them - normally on a per sale basis though click through affiliate schemes do still exist.

I think you need to be much more specific about your questions though. What exactly do you want help with? At the moment sounds like you want someone to tell you how to create and run the site for you.

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 By: Astaroth Member since: Aug 24, 2005
  4. Ranks

Ranks UKBF Newcomer Free Member

168 55
    There was a mice wordpress theme with full voucher code function floating around not so long ago...that would be the site sorted, just need the promotion.
    Jay

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 By: Ranks Member since: Jun 22, 2010
  5. Frank Mushtaq

Frank Mushtaq UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 1

Hi Raj,

Voucher codes (also known as discount codes, promotional codes or coupons) are a fantastic way to save money when you're shopping online. Just enter the voucher code at the checkout of the online shop and receive your discount. Money Saving Voucher Codes can help you to find savings on all kinds of items, unlike other voucher code web sites, Money Saving Voucher Codes will help you to search for the products you want to buy, and then list any relevant voucher codes.
    It currently has over 400 live voucher codes

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 By: Frank Mushtaq Member since: May 24, 2010
  6. Stanley_Jones

Stanley_Jones UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 3
    Though not an expert in that, but would like to contribute the way I have created a website that shares Web Hosting Coupon Codes.

So here is how I did that :

• Since I was inexperienced with such a venture, I preferred to use a Free CMS hence chose Word Press (WP)
    • In the beginning, I added the web hosting coupon codes that pre-existed the web.
    • When that went through reasonably well, I thought of a different business strategy inorder to make my venture unique from the other similar websites.
    • I started contacting the web hosting providers directly, and asked for creating unique codes that were not available over the internet.
    • In this effort some of them asked me to join their affiliate programs (Good for me as I was exposed to one more way of earning), which I did. That actually gave a real boost in an organic traffic to my website.
    • Using some of the WP plugins I could manage protecting these codes from others. Also, I made deals with the hosts directly that the codes would only be valid if they were used through my website (It worked out unimaginably well :) )
    • Then, I worked extensively on promoting the domain over the world wide web, fixed the SEO flaws.
    Believe me if you put in serious efforts, you can earn handsome money. Later, you just need to do the maintenance of your site, with posting the updates thats it. As your website grows older, the search engines too would send traffic to your site. But inorder to achieve success, its important to add efforts during the early stages of your venture.

An Advice : Make sure you choose the right web hosting provider for your domain. A host that is reputed to provide maximum uptime to your website. Ive had a fantastic experience with my web hosting provider until now.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
    Posted: Jul 20, 2010 By: Stanley_Jones Member since: Feb 8, 2010
  7. raj ramanan

raj ramanan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    thank you for all of you for the time and advise.

Posted: Jul 21, 2010 By: raj ramanan Member since: Jul 16, 2010
  8. AcornDomains.co.uk

AcornDomains.co.uk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

29 0
    If you go to AffiliateWindow.com they do a voucher codes feed. That way you can automate having vouchers appear on your website with no effort after the initial set-up.

It is a very competitive market though so you will struggle to get good placement in Google search results unless you want to pay a lot for Adwords.

A good voucher domain name will help, i have some for sale if you are interested.

Good Luck!

Acorn Domains

Posted: Jul 21, 2010 By: AcornDomains.co.uk Member since: Apr 10, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.