Ecommerce Forum Brought to you by i-bidder.com

How to get proof of posting for OBA items

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by deniser, Nov 19, 2018.

1. deniser

deniser UKBF Legend Free Member

7,982 1,676
    We have always had our RM parcels collected but we have decided to drop them off at the PO as it is more convenient. They have told us to leave our sacks and separate parcels in their hatch.

But how do we get proof that we have handed them over - relevant to claiming compensation in the case of Signed For and Special Delivery?

When they were collected from our premises, we filled in the details in an orange or silver book which the postman signed.

But now there doesn't seem to be any mechanism for proving that you handed them in. What do other people do?

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 By: deniser Member since: Jun 3, 2008
  2. MikeCC

MikeCC UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 6
    The post office should scan the barcodes in your book. There's a special option on their system, something like 'business services bulk manifest' This allows them to scan without having to enter every address like they would over the counter. Your book should be stamped. No reason not to leave the books with them if they're busy.

Has the advantage over collection that Signed For items are logged at point of entry although there's no other tracking until delivery.

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 By: MikeCC Member since: Sep 25, 2013
  3. deniser

7,982 1,676
    The problem is that there is no personnel available to scan the barcodes without joining the queue for the general public which goes out of the door (it's the only surviving post office for a huge area and very short staffed).

There used to be a business counter but they have taken it away.

If you do join the general public queue they open the sacks and enter each one into the system individually. It's a nightmare.

Is this a problem unique to this post office or something everyone experiences?

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 By: deniser Member since: Jun 3, 2008
  4. MikeCC

21 6
    They are doing it wrong. They should be scanning from the book not logging each item. If you are the only PPI customer, it's possible they aren't familiar with the bulk manifest. What do they do with the book?

Lucky where we are, with very little queueing but if it's really busy we just leave the books with them and collect next morning.

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 By: MikeCC Member since: Sep 25, 2013
  5. deniser

7,982 1,676
    They don't want to see the books at all. They say that they will scan the order confirmation when someone takes the sacks/parcels out of the hatch but don't grasp at all that that leaves me without proof of posting. I will have to go in there and speak to the manager I think (if there is one). Thank you for your help.

Posted: Nov 22, 2018 By: deniser Member since: Jun 3, 2008
  6. MikeCC

21 6
    Well they are correct they need to scan the OBA order nowadays. Do mention the bulk manifest option on their Horizon system. This is what it's for!

Posted: Nov 23, 2018 By: MikeCC Member since: Sep 25, 2013
  7. fallschirmjaeger

fallschirmjaeger UKBF Regular Free Member

147 21
    This is what put me off 'click and drop' which I guess what you are doing. I could see no real way of avoiding the queue if you wanted the tracking info scanned immediately without joining the queue! So I carry on with franking and just get the items scanned in via the queue! Why - because i immediately go home and tell my customers their tracking codes knowing they have been scanned properly and I have the tracking info!

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 1:42 PM By: fallschirmjaeger Member since: Jul 17, 2014
  8. Pish_Pash

Pish_Pash UKBF Ace Free Member

2,300 562
    I guess it boils down to how busy your local post office is (i.e. how long the queses are) & how much you value your own time. I use drop & go...which means I'm paying over the odds for postage, but I literally do drop ...then go straight away (no queuing) ....they always process them within an hour or two...so my order always leave that day (which addresses being able to tll y customers). I'd like to use franking (Mailmark), but then I'd be faced with queuing to get a proof of postage or having items scanned in to their system.

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 at 6:14 PM By: Pish_Pash Member since: Feb 1, 2013
  9. OliverTZ0

OliverTZ0 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Can i just recommend you be very careful with this, been using click and drop for around 3 months however now having to cancel the service following 50+ items never being scanned into the system, even with a stamped manifest they are arguing that they can not see any proof I have dropped the items off to them. Also had multiple items throughout the 3 months take up to 2 weeks to be scanned into the system with no reasoning at all.

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 4:22 PM By: OliverTZ0 Member since: Dec 11, 2018