How good is our intro?

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by paulomunky, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulomunky

paulomunky UKBF Newcomer Free Member

80 0
    Hi everyone,

We've finally completed our software intro and would love some critical feedback!

1DayLater helps users track their day-to-day time, money and mileage. We hope our intro makes it seem straightforward. It comes complete with a silky smooth VO which I'm particularly proud of! When you first log in there is a black bar at the top of the screen you can click to check it out

Anyways please send me your thoughts

http://1daylater.com

Thanks! :D

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 By: paulomunky Member since: Dec 12, 2008
  2. bluedreamer

bluedreamer UKBF Regular Free Member

219 53
    Nice animation, clear and nice to see captions.

Animation points:

1. At the end it just stops... then nothing. Suggest adding a call to action when the animation finishes.

2. Accessibility - can't turn the lightbox off using Esc or other key, or mouse click away from the close link. Then again why launch in a lightbox? Just embed it in the page, then you can provide non-flash alternative replacment content as well.

The other things that struck me when the home page opened - it wasn't immediately obvious what the site is about, and the Click to play intro link is buried in all those icons making it hard to spot.

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 By: bluedreamer Member since: Nov 12, 2009
  3. paul1664

paul1664 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

32 4
    No screenshots?

I dont just mean in the video... no screenshots anywhere on the site? How am I supposed to see what it looks like without registering?

Paul.

Posted: Jan 30, 2010 By: paul1664 Member since: Aug 10, 2007
  4. Sublime Decor

Sublime Decor UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 4
    I like it, the animation is great!

out of interest, where do you get something like that done? How much did it cost?

Posted: Jan 30, 2010 By: Sublime Decor Member since: Jan 20, 2009
  5. 3 MORE YEARS

3 MORE YEARS UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

929 105
    I like the simplicity of the animation. But like the other person said, screen shots etc will help.

Posted: Jan 30, 2010 By: 3 MORE YEARS Member since: Dec 31, 2008
  6. extremedistro

extremedistro UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

541 44

comment about the site - I couldnt find how to contact you!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
    Posted: Jan 30, 2010 By: extremedistro Member since: May 10, 2008
  7. paulomunky

paulomunky UKBF Newcomer Free Member

80 0
    Hey guys thanks for all the feedback!
    In answer to your replies...

bluedreamer - agree with the need for a call to action at the end of our animation. We've actually changed our revenue model from 30 day free trial to a freemium model so the voice over needed cutting down. But we're looking to change that asap.

also what you said about not having enough explanation has been remarked on a few times, so totally agree with you. Finding it quite hard to write some decent blurb mind

paul1664 - yes there are no screenshots at the minute, but we're planning on putting them in a seperate tab. I think people definately like to be able to 'window shop' before signing up like you say. cheers!

Sublime Decor - thanks for compliments, actually we've done the animation in-house so not sure how much it would cost (but i know my brother charges his time out at least £60/hour when he does freelance stuff)

Scootek - screenshots sound like theyre definately on the menu then! I've noticed a lot of other web-based software out there have screenshots so probably wise to follow suit!

extremedistro - good point thanks, this may be an oversight or due for the next update I'll have to just check. I know they used to be on there but we've changed things around a wee bit since. cheers :)

apreciate all the comments so far. please keep em coming!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
    Posted: Jan 31, 2010 By: paulomunky Member since: Dec 12, 2008
  8. Guest

0 0
    I like it. But - Show us how it would look, add screenshots.

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 By: Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  9. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

29,807 6,646
    Did not tell me what the site was about in 2 seconds.:eek:

Why should I strain my brain.?

Earl

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  10. gecmark

gecmark UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    It's good .