How GDPR Stole Christmas - A helping hand with GDPR compliancy

Discussion in 'General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Forum' started by Danny Bluestone, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Danny Bluestone

Danny Bluestone UKBF Contributor Free Member

56 1
    Hi there,

Like many of you, we've been researching the GDPR before it comes into force. We've done a lot of internal work to ensure we're compliant with it, but we know it can be a bit of a slog.

During our research, we kept seeing the same issues crop up time and again across the internet and with discussions with our clients. So, to make things a bit easier and a bit more entertaining for everyone, we've created something we'd like to share with you all, especially because this forum has been useful for us in the past.

This is our festive adventure, How GDPR Stole Christmas! It's a fun way of approaching the GDPR, looking at how Santa Claus isn't compliant and what he needs to do to become compliant in time for Christmas.

Do let us know what you think, and we hope you find it useful!

https://howgdprstolechristmas.com/

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: Danny Bluestone Member since: Sep 2, 2006
  2. GraemeL

GraemeL Pain in the neck? Full Member - Verified Business

4,884 1,041
    Well done! Of course it will be out of date very soon........
    What I (and countless others) will be looking for is a simple "This is what you need to do and this is what you should have at the end" document. Only after reading something like that will businesses know if they need help or not. Everything I have looked at so far is too vague.

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: GraemeL Member since: Sep 7, 2011
  3. Paul Murray

Paul Murray UKBF Regular Free Member

580 170
    Reading this in January. It's still the most straightforward explanation I've read so far.

I'm in the exact same position, I'm just not clear on what my actual responsibilities are.

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 By: Paul Murray Member since: Nov 24, 2011
  4. GraemeL

GraemeL Pain in the neck? Full Member - Verified Business

4,884 1,041
    Quite. I have been a member of FSB for years but never thought of them as a source of help on this. They are (if you are a member) and I am now sorted out.

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 By: GraemeL Member since: Sep 7, 2011