Gmail setting up separate email accounts with one login

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by wood1e2, Feb 9, 2021.

1. wood1e2

wood1e2 UKBF Ace Free Member

2,156 167
    hi

Is it possible with Gmail, to set up separate email accounts, like [email protected] and [email protected] where I have access to all the inboxes with one login.

And then accounts could login with their username and password and just view the [email protected] inbox and then the same for sales department to view @ email?

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 By: wood1e2 Member since: May 2, 2007
  2. Darren_Ssc

Darren_Ssc UKBF Ace Free Member

1,689 602
    No, each would need a separate account.
    You can use an alias for the examples above but access will be via the main account and you can't send mail as an alias, only receive it. So any replies will be from your main account name.

A cheap way of doing this would be to transfer your domain to a registrar that offers a free webmail account. Then you can have several accounts without added cost.

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 By: Darren_Ssc Member since: Mar 1, 2019
  3. forevergroup

forevergroup UKBF Contributor Full Member

76 9
    If you are a Google Workspace user you can set up a Google Group with a collaborative mailbox,

Why not buy yourself a single license of M365 Business Basic? Lots of utility for the money and as many shared mailboxes as you like.

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 By: forevergroup Member since: Sep 12, 2020
  4. wood1e2

wood1e2 UKBF Ace Free Member

2,156 167
    Hi

Many thanks for that, I was asking for a client. I will let him know. Cheers

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 By: wood1e2 Member since: May 2, 2007