First order to the U.S please help with customs reqs!

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by BeautyStartUp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. BeautyStartUp

BeautyStartUp UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 3
    Hi, I've just got my first online order from the U.S which is exciting. BUT I need help with customs requirements. The order is small (way under the import threshold).

1. How do I find the correct customs number to put in the Royal Mail International Tracked shipping order (it's beauty products - a cleanser)
    2. Do I need a separate form to fill in and if so where do I get this?

Any help most appreciated. Have been searching for a while but finding HMRC less than easy to navigate.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 By: BeautyStartUp Member since: Mar 6, 2019
  2. Cloud Commerce Pro

Cloud Commerce Pro UKBF Newcomer Free Member

13 1
    Going forward, be sure to have your HS Code support in place so you can provide "electronic pre-advice" to your courier to pass on to the US. HS codes are becoming more important everywhere, the the US is a major driver of this.

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 By: Cloud Commerce Pro Member since: Jul 21, 2017
  3. Yellow Square Motor Parts

Yellow Square Motor Parts UKBF Regular Free Member

147 32
    Fill out a CN22 for smaller value parcels, and attach to the parcel. CN23 for higher value items.

If you use "Click and drop" to post your items with Royal Mail, you can add all the HS codes and values in the system and all this will be electronically submitted.

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 By: Yellow Square Motor Parts Member since: Sep 29, 2016