Entering Charitable Donations on Sage

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by Nicola Gorringe, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Nicola Gorringe

Nicola Gorringe UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    Hello, could someone help me with entering a charitable donation onto Sage please?

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 By: Nicola Gorringe Member since: Oct 10, 2019
  2. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Legend Full Member

10,059 4,114
    Paying for that pile of rubbish that passes for a bookkeeping programme is already a charitable donation!

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  3. johndon68

johndon68 UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

3,423 629
    Post it as a bank payment to the Donations nominal code, 8200, with a T9 tax code.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 By: johndon68 Member since: Nov 2, 2009
  4. NicoJ

NicoJ UKBF Regular Free Member

252 48
    Slightly off topic (John has given you the correct answer) but I'm always amazed that people feel it necessary to slag SAGE off.

For example the comment above is not helpful at all so why bother to post it?

SAGE is not rubbish software, you might not like it but that's just your opinion.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 By: NicoJ Member since: Mar 27, 2017
  5. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Legend Full Member

10,059 4,114
    To warn others. We tried it for about one year and it caused nothing but trouble and complications.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  6. NicoJ

NicoJ UKBF Regular Free Member

252 48
    I don't mean this personally towards you, I genuinely shake my head when people answer questions about SAGE like this (and it seems to ALWAYS happen).

Your bad experience doesn't mean that the software is rubbish and you're not really being helpful because;
    1) The OP clearly already uses SAGE so your "warning" is too late.
    2) The OP hasn't mentioned being unhappy with SAGE so is it really necessary to slag the software off?

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 By: NicoJ Member since: Mar 27, 2017
  7. Scalloway

Scalloway UKBF Legend Free Member

16,240 3,436
    Having used Sage for many years I find it is excellent for basic data entry. If all you want is to record sales and purchases then it is fine. Beyond that I used Excel.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 By: Scalloway Member since: Jun 6, 2010
  8. Nicola Gorringe

Nicola Gorringe UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    Wow! I may as well have asked on Facebook :( Thank you to those that gave me the information I needed.

FAO: The Byre - my question wasn't about Sage in itself, it was a question of me not knowing where/how to post because I am not a qualified bookkeeper and this is the first time I have had to enter a charitable donation, so I find your answer irrelevant.

As someone who is not a bookkeeper (or numbers minded in any way), who took on the task when my husband started his own business 7 years ago and has successfully kept the books clean (compliments from our accountant), I have found Sage to be very user friendly to a complete novice like me and am happy with the support I receive from them.

Thank you johndon68 for your help.

Different strokes, different folks I guess?

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 By: Nicola Gorringe Member since: Oct 10, 2019