Email Marketing Data

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by ScottyTaylor, Feb 16, 2018.

1. ScottyTaylor

ScottyTaylor UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 1
    Hi All, New to the forum but seems really informative and glad ive joined. I am after doing an email marketing campaign and need a place to get data from so i can send emails to get new business. I know there are companies that can do all this for you but its pricey. Can anyone help and point me in the right direction. I want to target commercial clients rather than domestic. Thanks

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 By: ScottyTaylor Member since: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Leo Salazar

Leo Salazar UKBF Newcomer Free Member

24 7
    Cold call emailing?! Wow, I didn't know people still did that.

I don't mean to be snarky, but this was my first reaction. What business are you in? How would sending a cold email benefit you? What's your strategy for approaching these companies after the initial mail?

I've always used LinkedIn to approach companies that don't know me. I can always find a connection somewhere in the profile of my target, and there's always a link or a hook that I can build on. You might think this time consuming, and it is. But if you're looking for results and not having your email flushed to the spam filter the minute it hits your target's mail server, building a personal connection is the way to go.

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 By: Leo Salazar Member since: Sep 2, 2017
  3. ScottyTaylor

ScottyTaylor UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 1
    Hi Leo, We are a cleaning company and we want to target multiple business's with our services. We get emails daily from mailchimp with firms wanting our business and i do click on if interested. It works! Its a numbers game and if someone is interested in your service they may contact you. You are able to tell who opened the email so you can follow it up.All the business's who you contact have opted in to marketing and are the director or decision maker level.

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 By: ScottyTaylor Member since: Feb 14, 2018
  4. Hitesh Mistry

Hitesh Mistry UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 4
    Hi Scotty

With GDPR coming up you need to be careful with how you conduct marketing - especially email marketing.

I strongly recommend not purchasing email databases, as you do not have consent / permission to email these contacts.

I recommend running campaigns to get people to opt-in to receive your emails. You can do this on Google Ads or Facebook Ads and by giving away some content, a free guide or even a discount.

Let me know if you have any questions

Hitesh

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 By: Hitesh Mistry Member since: Feb 13, 2018
  5. Leo Salazar

Leo Salazar UKBF Newcomer Free Member

24 7
    I use HubSpot which has the same functionality. If this is working for you, great! But keep Hitesh's great advice in mind.

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 By: Leo Salazar Member since: Sep 2, 2017
  6. g

g UKBF Regular Free Member

222 46
    Even before GDPR (of which I know too little) kicks-in, it's useful to be aware of the how the current requirements restrict such contact with non-corporates.

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 By: g Member since: Jan 29, 2018
  7. Businessquotes

Businessquotes UKBF Contributor Full Member

31 0
    lists are expensive and the return rate from cold emai, even done well is 1% or less.

Use this to work out if it's worthwhile
    Typical open rate for a cold email: 2%
    Typical click through rate 0.3%
    Your website conversion rate 10% at a guess
    Converting a contact request into a sale - maybe 20%

Some of these stats are best guess as I don't know your business but even if you started with 1,000 emails you end up with very little except wasted time and money and also the possibility that someone might complain to the ICO about your spamming (even if it's not technically spam.)

Try Adwords/FB/Bingads etc and get your local search listings as good as they can be.

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 By: Businessquotes Member since: Dec 27, 2017
  8. jamesandjanie

jamesandjanie UKBF Contributor Free Member

33 3
    I get my customer email database over years of doing business. At the beginning, we created gated offers with content that provides a specific value for our customer in exchange for their email. Run ads for these offers and got people click on them.

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 By: jamesandjanie Member since: Feb 21, 2018
  9. WeblinkPlus

WeblinkPlus UKBF Ace Free Member

2,726 925
    That's rubbish.
    Spam may well get less than 1%, but a well thought out first contact email can get close to 100% response...

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 By: WeblinkPlus Member since: Sep 13, 2009