eBay Listing Service ?

Discussion in 'Websites & Ecommerce' started by danny156, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny156

danny156 UKBF Regular Free Member

140 5
    Hi,

We currently sell on our website and want it scraping and listing on eBay for us

has anyone ever used an external eBay listing service like this and have any feedback regarding it ?

Pros, Cons - good experience, bad experience ?

Just any comments or advice generally would be much appreciated

Thanks

Danny

Posted: Feb 29, 2012 By: danny156 Member since: Jan 11, 2011
  2. Farleys Furniture

Farleys Furniture UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 2
    We're thinking of doing a similar thing, largely to clear old stock but also as another potential market. My big concerns are being competitively priced as we are a real world retail shop but if it called for a different pricing structure that wouldnt be a problem as its less overheads.
    If theres any other advice etc. I'd be glad to hear it

Posted: Mar 1, 2012 By: Farleys Furniture Member since: Feb 9, 2012
  3. MatthewOgborne

MatthewOgborne UKBF Newcomer Free Member

105 23
    Hola Danny,

What is your product ranges and volume of inventory?
    (types of products and total number of unique items that you currently have)

Matt

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    Posted: Mar 1, 2012 By: MatthewOgborne Member since: Jan 26, 2011
  4. j600com

j600com UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

741 201
    There are companies who will scrape the data and feed it to eBay (e.g onefeed) but the issue you usually find is that it's a one way feed so stock levels aren't sync'd and you end up selling items that aren't in stock (leaving unhappy customers and negative feedback).

Ideally you need two way integration into the site so that stock levels are sync'd and usually this would also streamline order processing as eBay, Amazon, Web orders etc. can all be processed from one place.

Posted: Mar 3, 2012 By: j600com Member since: Apr 27, 2011
  5. j600com

j600com UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

741 201
    Ps. what platform are you on?

Posted: Mar 3, 2012 By: j600com Member since: Apr 27, 2011
  6. MatthewOgborne

MatthewOgborne UKBF Newcomer Free Member

105 23
    Hi Tim, Danny,

I made a video on this a while back, the process is called "order aggregation" and a welcomed by-product of collecting orders from multiple sources and keeping the stock levels in touch.

The video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9CxHNTxzY, its 13mins long and covers this in plain English.

Not all software is able to this and it may need the combination of tools to achieve this, especially if you're on a budget.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Posted: Mar 3, 2012 By: MatthewOgborne Member since: Jan 26, 2011
  7. Farleys Furniture

Farleys Furniture UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 2
    Does any one know if I can sell stock from my business under a different name on ebay? Would a different company need to be registered for tax etc.?
    The overheads are obviously different so a different price structure would be needed.
    If nothing else we need to be competitive but I see it as a different market to my 'bricks and mortar' stores.

Posted: Mar 11, 2012 By: Farleys Furniture Member since: Feb 9, 2012
  8. FreelanceScribbler

FreelanceScribbler UKBF Newcomer Free Member

28 4
    When I worked for a small online retailer we found that it was better to spend time setting up all your products and auctions on eBay, then setting the listings Live or Closed as and when products came back into stock.

The first month was very labour intensive, but in the long term it was VERY easy to manage and time effective, because all our products had already been set up.

Posted: Mar 12, 2012 By: FreelanceScribbler Member since: Mar 9, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.