E-commerce solution that supports store credit

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Tandbelle, Mar 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tandbelle

Tandbelle UKBF Newcomer Free Member

13 0
    Hi, does anyone know of a good e-commerce platform that supports applying store credit to customer accounts? Part of my business model for a new venture involves incentivising customer referrals with store credit.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 By: Tandbelle Member since: Mar 13, 2019
  2. Paul Carmen

Paul Carmen UKBF Regular Full Member - Verified Business

293 70
    Pretty much any and every ecommerce platform supports store credit in some form or another, or there's a plug-in to do it, from WordPress/WooCommerce, through Magento to IBM WebSphere Commerce!

You need to think about this the other way around, what functionality and therefore feature set do you need, what marketing and personalisation/customisation is needed on the site, who is building the site, what's the budget etc.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 By: Paul Carmen Member since: Jan 27, 2018
  3. Tandbelle

Tandbelle UKBF Newcomer Free Member

13 0
    You say that, but I spoke to EKM today who don't support it, and Shopify who do, but only with an extra app which is an additional monthly fee provided by a 3rd party company. I'd prefer something where this functionality is built in without needing to use discount codes/gift cards etc. I need to be able to select a customer and apply the credit easily. This is why I'm asking the question.
    I'll be building it, I'm a front end web dev so I'm looking for something with a solid backend which doesn't require me to buy SSL etc separately as I don't want to get too involved with payment gateways etc. I'm happy to build templates for product pages/info pages etc. The project is part charitable and relatively low budget initially at least, with the potential to scale up if the concept is successful on a smaller scale.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 By: Tandbelle Member since: Mar 13, 2019
  4. Dan Kav

Dan Kav UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 3
    You could try BluePark Solutions. I believe they have a credit limit feature & their system is pretty versatile.

Alternatively, you could perhaps look at a payment gateway that supplies the credit on your behalf for example Klarna.

Either way good luck with your project.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 By: Dan Kav Member since: Jun 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.