Courier/Postal Service for Aerosols, Engine Oils & Car Parts

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by ManversMS, Apr 10, 2019.

1. ManversMS

ManversMS UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 0
    Hi all,

After recently starting a shop based motor factors selling new car parts and ancillaries, I am getting asked if I can post out goods.
    I have been in touch with Royal Mail, My Hermes, DHL and other large firms, but all of them say they will not ship aerosols, engine oils, fluids or batteries.
    After looking through ebay, amazon and other larger online stores, these sellers all seem to use the above companies for shipping.
    After looking at the prohibited goods lists for all of the delivery companies, the only way I can see of shipping your goods with them is if you falsify what is in the package and run the risk of it being discovered and destroyed.
    Is there anyone out there who has found a company that will ship these kind of goods throughout the UK.
    Best Regards
    Daz

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 By: ManversMS Member since: Mar 26, 2019
  2. WaveJumper

WaveJumper UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

564 100
    Not sure if this will help but I have lots of orders come from a company called Opie Oils based down in Cornwall I also have batteries come from a separate online company (name escapes me at moment) the later are always dry sell but have ordered acid types and the liquid is always packed separate, not sure how they get away with it but delivered by courier.

Opie are a friendly bunch give them a call I am sure they will let you know who they use, sorry I can not be of any more help

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 By: WaveJumper Member since: Aug 26, 2013
  3. ManversMS

9 0
    WaveJumper
    Thanks for the information, will take a look at Opie

4. ManversMS

9 0
    Stuartm1962
    Thanks for that info, will take a look on site

5. Mike Godwin

Mike Godwin UKBF Contributor Free Member

94 17
    Hi. With the majority of couriers, you must be validated by them, before they will take dangerous goods from you. This means undergoing DG training. All DG shipments must be accompanied by a DG Shipping Note (completed by a fully trained DG person) and the package must be packed and labelled appropriately. Alternatively you can outsource the hazardous product to a third party that has been DG trained. Hope this helps

Posted: May 9, 2019 By: Mike Godwin Member since: Mar 27, 2018
  6. ManversMS

9 0
    Mike Godwin, thanks for that.
    I will look into this further.

Posted: May 10, 2019 By: ManversMS Member since: Mar 26, 2019
  7. J Ali

J Ali UKBF Contributor Full Member

73 0
    Have you tried DPD, the local rep will usually come and visit you and let you know if they have issues.

Posted: May 10, 2019 By: J Ali Member since: Sep 12, 2018
  8. ManversMS

9 0
    J Ali, thanks for that will give them another call, spoke to them a while back over phone, but never got a rep out.

Posted: May 14, 2019 By: ManversMS Member since: Mar 26, 2019