Container from China.. Do we need Chinese Forwarder?

Discussion in 'International Business' started by tee, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tee

tee UKBF Contributor Free Member

73 3
    Hi chaps

I have a 20ft container arranged with China Shipping, I have also arranged a forwarder for here in the UK, just wanted to check do we require a forwarder in China also?

If anyone has experience with China import would appreciate if you could recommend a cheap and reliable company, all these logistics costs are adding up!!

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 By: tee Member since: Oct 15, 2009
  2. roydmoorian

roydmoorian UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,953 343
    Posted: Aug 11, 2010 By: roydmoorian Member since: Nov 6, 2009
  3. Paul Stuyver

Paul Stuyver UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 5
    Shipping can vary a lot.

My advice is always to ask for 4 or more quotes and then make your choice.

Not needed to have a chinese forwarder if your factory delivers on FOB terms.

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 By: Paul Stuyver Member since: Jul 27, 2010
  4. tee

tee UKBF Contributor Free Member

73 3
    Thanks, ye I've contacted about 30 forwarders! so if our suppliers agree a FOB price, do we not need a forwarder in China? Do the suppliers just deliver to the container and the shipping company deal
    with it...?

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 By: tee Member since: Oct 15, 2009
  5. Apple

Apple UKBF Newcomer Free Member

49 1
    hi Tee ,
    As my experience . You have a forwarder in UK who you know well ,right?
    1. Ask them whether has office or has partner in China ? If they have ,then all the problem you can solve .You dont need to find Chinese forwarder .Ask your UK forwarder to solve all the importing .
    2.If they dont have office in China, ask your supplier to do Fob term .Ask them to contact your UK forwarder .Then solve the problem .
    3.No need to do the FOB term with the supplier ,find a reliable forwarder in China to pick up the goods in Supplier manufacture ,then ask them to contact your UK forwarder .
    4.You can find an agent in China to handle all the details ,then you solve all the problem .I strongly recommend myself to you as your Chinese agent. -_-

You can chooose which way you prefer .

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 By: Apple Member since: Apr 22, 2006
  6. Calibre Designs

Calibre Designs UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,868 352
    FOB means that the supplier will cover the costs to the port (free or freight on board). Your freight forwarder will handle it from there so you do not need forwarders in China.

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 By: Calibre Designs Member since: Sep 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.