Connecting Linnworks to Accounting Software

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by E-com_K, Feb 9, 2018.

1. E-com_K

E-com_K UKBF Contributor Free Member

I use Linnworks inventory software and I am wondering which accounting software runs best with Linnworks? I have been considering either Xero or Quickbooks, but looking at online reviews it seems Xero may be best. Do any of you use Linnworks and one of those accounting softwares? Would you recommend it? I checked the Linnworks app store for connectors to Xero and Quickbooks, and the few reviews that are there aren't the best so I'm concerned that it may not run smoothly.

I run 2 eBay shops, an Amazon shop, and soon an Opencart website too. I’d like the accounting software to be able to link up to Linnworks, my bank, and Paypal. As I’m an Amazon seller, it would also be useful if the software could link to Amazon to show the account balance in there, but I’m not sure if that is even possible?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 By: E-com_K Member since: Aug 19, 2015
  2. GraemeL

GraemeL Pain in the neck? Full Member - Verified Business

This is little help in meeting your requirements but we use Linnworks and Clearbooks.

We use Linnworks for customer invoicing through our own Opencart website and Amazon. Deciding which bit of software will generate customers invoices is important as it has a lot of knock on effects. If you are thinking of using your accounting system to invoice customers be sure you consider all of the implications.

So we then export invoice data from Linnworks into Clearbooks by csv. I would definitely not want direct integration, too many things can go wrong. A weekly export takes about 10 minutes.

We also use csv to get payment data from Amazon and Paypal, then manually allocate to invoices in Clearbooks. The thought of integrating an accounting system with Paypal and/or Amazon fills me with dread!

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 By: GraemeL Member since: Sep 7, 2011
  3. E-com_K

E-com_K UKBF Contributor Free Member

Hi Graeme, thanks for your advice. I use Linnworks to invoice my customers, and I'm happy to stick to Linnworks for invoicing.

Which csv reports do you use for exporting invoice data, and which csv for payment data? This way sounds like the most accurate way to do it, so I would appreciate any help you can provide.

I'm a bit confused with the Amazon account balance and whether the balance in the Amazon account is taken into consideration on the accouting software for book-keeping. Do you run account balances for Paypal and Amazon through Clearbooks, similar to the bank balance? Sorry if this seems a silly question, and thanks for your help.

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 By: E-com_K Member since: Aug 19, 2015