Canton Fair October

Discussion in 'International Business' started by [email protected], Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikej@

[email protected] UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Hi is any one going to the Canton Fair October.. Any ideas on getting there etc would be helpful

Thanks

Posted: Aug 2, 2010 By: [email protected] Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  2. Paul Stuyver

Paul Stuyver UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 5
    You can visit cantonfair.org but this website is outdated a bit.

Since I live in Guangzhou, maybe 30mins from the Pazhou complex where this event is held I can give you some tips.

1 Book rooms in advance, it will be cheaper. If you got enough to spend, then goto the Shangri la hotel which is like 200m from the exhibition complex. If you dont want to spend much then look online to book hotel. 50-70 pounds should get you a more than decent hotelroom. Look and book on ctrip.com is my advice.
    2 Plan your visit well, the fair consists of 3 parts which all have their own theme of products. The first and second part are most interesting and each part has a couple of days between them.
    3 Have business cards made, make sure you take enough of them or have them made here. They cost just about 1.5 pounds per 100pcs here, not more.
    4 Dont go around collecting catalogs, only the ones you deem as very important. Give your namecard and ask them to send you pdf.
    5 It is the biggest fair in the world. no kidding. Make sure you have good shoes!
    6 Translator, if you want them are only allowed to go inside the fair if they are approved by the cantonfair. You can apply for one online.

How to get there from UK: British airways flies to Hongkong and from there either a connecting flight to Guangzhou or take the fast train to Guangzhou (approx 1.5 hours) from trainstation in HK.

I would advice to take the connecting flight. From the airport you can get a taxi without being scammed for about 100-150rmb (12pounds) to anywhere in Guangzhou. Baiyun airport is about 40Km from downtown and you also have the option to take the new metro around that time.

First time visitors: dont be too anxious to nail everything down, dont pay too much for a hotel or services offered.

Be ready to be surprised thats all i can say.

Anyone coming is welcome to have a drink! I know most good bars and "entertainment" etc in town hehehe.

Posted: Aug 2, 2010 By: Paul Stuyver Member since: Jul 27, 2010
  3. Paul Stuyver

Paul Stuyver UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 5
    Sorry, that should be : cantonfair.org.cn

I see they changed it this year.

Posted: Aug 2, 2010 By: Paul Stuyver Member since: Jul 27, 2010
  4. ubuyinchina

ubuyinchina UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    HI ,

We take paries to the canton from the UK. More details at cantonfairbusinesstrips.

cheers

kelvin

Posted: Aug 2, 2010 By: ubuyinchina Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  5. mikej@

4 0
    Hi Paul ,

I think the organised trip seems to take away the agro

Thanks for the info,

Many thanks

Posted: Aug 3, 2010 By: [email protected] Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  6. mikej@

4 0
    Thanks Kelvin , and good to talk to you.

Posted: Aug 3, 2010 By: [email protected] Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  7. ubuyinchina

ubuyinchina UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    Mike, good to talk to you and thanks for the conversation . Everyone else, we offer all inclusive fixed cost trips from the uk to china. We have offices in Dongguan , interpretors, pre trip assistance , letters of invitation etc etc .

If your going to China, drop us a note or look us up at ubuyinchina

thanks

Kelvin

Posted: Aug 3, 2010 By: ubuyinchina Member since: Aug 2, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.