Can anyone recommend an Edinburgh Flyer Distribution Company

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by khalid1, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khalid1

khalid1 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

267 26
    Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a flyer distribution company in Edinburgh?

Door2Door are £75+VAT per 1,000 for mixed delivery

Distribution Unlimited are approx £70+VAT per 1,000 for mixed delivery

Edinburgh City Marketing asked me to e-mail them

Thanks in advance,

Khalid.

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 By: khalid1 Member since: Apr 16, 2007
  2. sellickbhoy

sellickbhoy UKBF Ace Free Member

1,063 258
    MIXED delivery? as in not solus, but with several other peoples flyers? both seem expensive

I'd expect about that charge for a solus delivery.

I've been using a company called chad distribution who are based in midlothian, but cover edinburgh city. They are OK - in as much as the flyers seem to go out, but they aren't particularly good at telling you when or EXACTLY where they were posted.

but they are a small outfit.

If yo happen to know of any reliable companies covering Edinburgh, i'd be interested in hearing their names. As i'm putting a but of a push on in the next 6 weeks. got 50k flyers to go out in Edinburgh area

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 By: sellickbhoy Member since: Jun 5, 2009
  3. khalid1

267 26
    yeh mixed, door2door claim solus isn't any more valuable.

it is expensive yes but there's not a lot to choose from.

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 By: khalid1 Member since: Apr 16, 2007
  4. sellickbhoy

1,063 258
    I'd bet they do!! they'll be doing 4 flyers, £70 per 1000, so they are pocketing £280 per 1,000 and paying someone minimum wage to put them out - and what do YOU do when you come home to 4 flyers on the doormat, you scoop all 4 up and throw them in the bin without a glance.

good money if you can get it.

for 9 months i've been doing my own flyers.

so i've a pretty decent idea of how many can be done in an hour and when things work and when they dont.

by far, and i mean 200/300% more responses come when i do the flyers between 5pm and 8.30pm and on a sunday

the royal mail and other companies don't put flyers out then, people are home - so something comes through the letter box and they pick it up and look at it.

I'd never touch a mixed drop unless they were willing to do it for £10-£20 per thousand, and at the times i mentioned above.

5. C&V leaflet distribution

C&V leaflet distribution UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 2
    Hi,

I wouldn't go with either Door2Door or Distribution Unlimited charging such a lot for shared delivery. have you looked at Royal Mail/

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 By: C&V leaflet distribution Member since: Jan 29, 2008
  6. sellickbhoy

1,063 258
    can't believe you've not offered your own services C&V!!!! :D

7. C&V leaflet distribution

C&V leaflet distribution UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 2
    I would have offered our services bur its a bit out of the way for us

Posted: Nov 20, 2010 By: C&V leaflet distribution Member since: Jan 29, 2008
  8. Mate

Mate UKBF Newcomer Free Member

56 1
    i though the price for 1000 would be in around £45-50? is it the average figure in many places?

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 By: Mate Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  9. khalid1

267 26
    not in edinburgh mate it seems a lot dearer

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 By: khalid1 Member since: Apr 16, 2007
  10. Flash Online Designers

Flash Online Designers UKBF Newcomer Free Member

36 5
    Posted: Dec 11, 2012 By: Flash Online Designers Member since: Aug 8, 2008
  11. ScotComp

ScotComp UKBF Newcomer Free Member

345 56
    I've used companies in the past for another business my family have and it was £22 per 1,000 leaflets.

The maximum I've paid is £30 per 1,000.

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 By: ScotComp Member since: Mar 11, 2011
  12. Lothian Leaflets

Lothian Leaflets UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    Hi,

This business is all about trust. You need to know that your leaflets and your investment are going to get delivered when you want them and in the area you need to target.

There is no question leaflet drops work. Its the reason you see everyone from the multi-nationals to your local Tandoori restaurant doing it.

If anyone in the central belt is planning on doing an offer or changing part of your business within the next 6 weeks or so it would be fantastic to hear from you.

Now is a fantastic time to do a solus leaflet drop, must people have had a big clear out before Christmas getting rid of old menus etc and its just in time for that January wage hitting.

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: Lothian Leaflets Member since: Jan 11, 2013
  13. ELD Limited

ELD Limited UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Edinburgh Leaflet Distribution Limited offer Solus distribution for £75 per 1,000. Mixed distribution from £30 per 1,000. We also offer hand to hand distribution, prices vary depending on the scale of the drop.

You can also find us on facebook, and follow us on Twitter.

We also offer a print and design service.

We provide a full report to your business after the drop and let you know exactly where the leaflets have been distributed this way you can track the effectiveness of the drop. We use the Acorn profiling system to work with our clients, providing them with the information required to find the most effective region of Edinburgh to increase their sales.

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 By: ELD Limited Member since: Jan 13, 2013
  14. David w

David w UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    The best leaflet distribution and printing company i have ever used is local post or otherwise known as local post ltd

I have used many leaflet distribution companies in the past but local post always bring high responses plus they are a lovely bunch of people and will go out of there way to get things done properly.

Local post is highly recommended by top advertisers in the UK and will provide you with customer reviews and case studies.

They can plan your drop and target specific areas/ streets /businesses or types of houses or people using demographics and they have full postcode information on all uk areas including property amounts.

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 By: David w Member since: Apr 15, 2013
  15. David w

David w UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    The best leaflet distribution and printing company i have ever used is local post or otherwise known as local post ltd.

I have used many leaflet distribution companies in the past but local post always bring high responses plus they are a lovely bunch of people and will go out of there way to get things done properly.

Local - post . co . uk is highly recommended by top advertisers in the UK and will provide you with customer reviews and case studies.

They can plan your drop and target specific areas/ streets /businesses or types of houses or people using demographics and they have full postcode information on all uk areas including property amounts.

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 By: David w Member since: Apr 15, 2013
  16. tj1979x

tj1979x UKBF Newcomer Free Member

33 0
    Might just be workthwile contacting some University students who need the cash?

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 By: tj1979x Member since: Apr 23, 2013
  17. Redd

Redd UKBF Regular Full Member

205 11
    I know a guy who done this, I have spoke to him and he wouldn't give me a price, he does however have a rather ingenious way of doing this which gaurantees the customer at least handles and looks at your leaflet. If your interested let me know and I will forward your email to them

Posted: May 11, 2013 By: Redd Member since: May 4, 2013
  18. OrganicSEO

OrganicSEO UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi!!

is a flyer really the way to go?

Have you thought of making yourself visible on the internet?

Thanks,
    Robbie

Posted: Jun 28, 2013 By: OrganicSEO Member since: Jun 28, 2013
  19. Harrycoel

Harrycoel UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Flyer delivery is the best job for time pass to distribute the flyers and earn money. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]This ensures that each and every household gets the advertisement. It is advantageous in such a way that there is a major chance that at least one member of a household will fall within the target audience of your products and services. [/FONT]

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 By: Harrycoel Member since: Jun 29, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.