Buying a Domain Name at UKReg.co.uk

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by Tin, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tin

Tin Just an SEO Staff Member

5,942 1,647
    Hi

I've used UKReg for a long time and bought many domains from them but just a week ago I purchased a new one and as the domain was for business purposes I registered it to myself, business phone number and email address.

In the last 7 days I've had over 80 emails from a variety of businesses throughout India asking me if I want a new website or logo or SEO for my new domain. For the last 3 days I've also had over 20 calls to my office number along the same lines.

In future I'll do Protected Registration every time now, it's a real pain. I know it's been going on in the States for quite a while but it appears to have migrated to UKReg domain registrations too.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  2. Jord.BillingServ

Jord.BillingServ UKBF Contributor Free Member

86 25
    I get them a lot to, it's mostly emails about SEO Services and buying other domains! It's getting really annoying now! I get them daily.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 By: Jord.BillingServ Member since: Sep 14, 2016
  3. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,624 617
    It is not necessarily the Registrar at fault here as it would be quite easy to set up a script to trawl the net looking for new domain registrations and listed contact details. But yes, private registration will largely prevent this from happening.

You can update existing domains to have the privacy rather than just on initial registration.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009
  4. Jord.BillingServ

Jord.BillingServ UKBF Contributor Free Member

86 25
    I'm just going to redirect them back to the sender! That will annoy them.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 By: Jord.BillingServ Member since: Sep 14, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.