Anyone use Companeo?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by nass, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. North1

North1 Guest

36 0
    Actually found over 85% are very good & especially at the price they charge.

My experience only so shame to hear other people's bad experiences.

Posted: Jun 8, 2011 By: North1 Member since: Jan 11, 2010
  2. The Burglar Alarm Co.

The Burglar Alarm Co. UKBF Newcomer

6 0
    Tell me how customers find Campaneo!

Posted: Jun 8, 2011 By: The Burglar Alarm Co. Member since: Jun 8, 2011
  3. ebonybailey

ebonybailey Contributor

3,042 160
    dunno probably by search term, if you put in web design quotees, or telemarketing quotes etc etc.

Posted: Jun 8, 2011 By: ebonybailey Member since: Jun 5, 2005
  4. The Burglar Alarm Co.

6 0
    I think you don't get it - People search for products or services not lead generation companies. These companies charge a fortune for a lead that 90% of the time is not qualified

5. FunkyBears

FunkyBears Contributor

939 69
    What sector do your work in? Seems strange that this is your very first post on this forum this always makes me suspicious. Without any introduction or contact details in your profile it seems strange. I'm sure if you are genuine you can back up your post. Trying to pass the blame on the client doesn't work for me.

Posted: Jun 8, 2011 By: FunkyBears Member since: Mar 29, 2006
  6. The Burglar Alarm Co.

6 0
    I say again that companies like this company promise you tons of leads but fail time and time to deliver the goods. All I have said is where do customers find out about this type of company without some type of notification or promotion

7. The Burglar Alarm Co.

6 0
    Based in N.Ireland we are constantly asked to join this type of referral company. My bone of contention is if I cannot see them on the internet - how do potential customers see them. Some of these companies trade under various names and titles and charge different charges depending on your trade. My response is no thank you - I have a good web site that people do see when they search my area for a my type of product or service. Some of these companies are not interested in N.Ireland - Only national coverage.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    Posted: Jun 22, 2011 By: The Burglar Alarm Co. Member since: Jun 8, 2011
  8. B2C Leads

B2C Leads UKBF Newcomer

14 0
    Hi,

We generate in-house B2C leads for any given vertical. No static data. once we get an order we start generating the leads. Exclusivity to leads. Please feel free to PM me.

Regards,
    Paul.

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 By: B2C Leads Member since: Jul 6, 2011
  9. The Burglar Alarm Co.

6 0
    Do you work in Northern Ireland Area

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 By: The Burglar Alarm Co. Member since: Jun 8, 2011
  10. B2C Leads

B2C Leads UKBF Newcomer

14 0
    Hi,

We generate consumer leads of any given vertical. Leads are generated in-house with EXCLUSIVITY given to the clients. No static data, once we get an order we start generating the leads. Please feel free to PM me.

Regards
    Paul.

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 By: B2C Leads Member since: Jul 6, 2011
  11. B2C Leads

B2C Leads UKBF Newcomer

14 0
    We work UK nationwide, including Northern Ireland.

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 By: B2C Leads Member since: Jul 6, 2011
  12. HungryGlobetrotter

HungryGlobetrotter UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    These posts are really old, I have been approached several times by their staff recently who seem very professional.

Has anyone had any great success stories??

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 By: HungryGlobetrotter Member since: Sep 26, 2011
  13. utilitiessavings

utilitiessavings UKBF Contributor

79 10
    We used them and found that the quality just wasn't good enough for us.

For commercial electricity and gas the lead generation staff really need to know their stuff to elicit the customer's needs correctly, and too often we find that using services like this we end up receiving badly qualified leads.

For other, less complex sectors they may be excellent though, as others have pointed out.

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 By: utilitiessavings Member since: Aug 3, 2010
  14. Cibr

Cibr UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    This is the sort of company i would advise to avoid at all cost. We used them once and had a very bad experience with one of their 'recommended' suppliers. Furthermore we now receive their SPAM on almost a daily basis, which we can't unsubscribe from as the company has disabled the link. I think that says it all about this 'cowboy' outfit.

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 By: Cibr Member since: Sep 9, 2011
  15. vehiclesTRACKED

vehiclesTRACKED UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    Stay well away from Companeo!

I had 70 leads from them and one sale! Even the law of averages dictates that some of the right people enquiring will just call you and say "How much? Ok I'll have it".

They charged me a £400 set up fee for absolutely nothing but I told them to offset that against why they invoiced me.

I noticed that I couldn't get sales, couldn't get hold of people and a lot of the "enquiries" just didn't sit right with me.

We sell GPS Vehicle Tracking so after becoming suspicious I started asking "Did you enquire about Vehicle Tracking to a company called Companeo?"

The vast vast majority of people would say "You're about the fifth company to call me and no, I enquired with my bank about getting a credit card machine (or the other one was fuel cards) and someone called me back about saving money on fuel, not Vehicle Tracking."

I repeatedly told them about this and despite all their assurances nothing changed.

If you complain you hear nothing. All you get is dodgy leads, a lot of time wasted chasing your tail and the bill at the end of it.

With 5th November approaching I advise you to burn your money, you'll get a much better return.

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 By: vehiclesTRACKED Member since: Oct 21, 2011
  16. webdrive365

webdrive365 UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    Just had a very bad experience with these guys. If you deal with any company for sales leads and have to explain what an SME user is than walk away very quickly. While they were actually after more money from us they successfully managed to take us for £500. They are unaware we actually use other companies for lead generation and have never walked away with NOTHING until today.
    To be honest it is not the amount of money that is an issue but being strung along for months at a time and getting a result of nothing is really unacceptable.
    I am sure they may be good for other people but we will not go near them again.

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 By: webdrive365 Member since: Nov 3, 2011
  17. businessleadsco

businessleadsco UKBF Newcomer

44 7
    I've heard of poor results or quality but to get nothing at all thats bad. What sector are you guys in have you had this from any other supplier before?

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 By: businessleadsco Member since: Mar 16, 2011
  18. Peteclem

Peteclem UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    It is interesting to read the comments re Companeo. I wish I had found this site BEFORE being suckered into the services they boast they can offer. We signed up, having given very clear targeted lists of what we required. Their representative agreed and confirmed to us in writing they woudl be able to hit these targets. They failed massively to deliver on the promises, feeding us poorly qualified leads (If qualified at all), most of which had no bearing on the services we offer. They would not respond to our concerns, they ignore e-mails, letters and telephone calls prefering to simply carry on regardless and mount up the charges. We are now left with a threat from their collections agents and having to defend a position bought about by their inability to deliver on promises. Avoid them like the plague !!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    Posted: Jun 6, 2012 By: Peteclem Member since: Jun 6, 2012
  19. ebonybailey

ebonybailey Contributor

3,042 160
    There not the only ones, buyersguideonline and quotation junction and others are all just as bad, the reason being there jack of all trades master of none. I am about to launch a service for my industry that will at least stop them ripping of companies in my sector.

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 By: ebonybailey Member since: Jun 5, 2005
  20. vehiclesTRACKED

vehiclesTRACKED UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    Don’t pay, I didn’t.

I compiled a report of all the leads versus all the sales (zero!). I also spoke with a lot of “prospects” and provided that information to Companeo.

The salesperson never answered my emails about the report and periodically I’d get emails and calls from their Credit Control people so I’d bombard them with every lead, emails to and from and the report whilst referring them back to their sale staff: You answer me, I’ll answer you.

In the end I never heard anymore.

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 By: vehiclesTRACKED Member since: Oct 21, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.