Any experience with KINEX broadband/phone line?

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by Ernie, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Ernie

Ernie UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 0
    My contract with XLN is about to expire and I just got a visit from a Kinex rep.

As I never heard of them before I'm looking for any one that knows the company and if they are trustworthy. The got fair good reviews on Truspilot, but terrible ones on reviews.co .uk. Also some ex-employees mention "lie to costumers" on Glassdoor website.

Any one got experience with them?

Thanks.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 By: Ernie Member since: Mar 10, 2017
  2. intheTRADE

intheTRADE UKBF Regular Free Member

175 46
    I would strongly advise against going with Kinex. Not speaking from my own experiences but I have heard nothing but of horror stories

...and they of course use to be Unicom which tells you everything you need to know

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 By: intheTRADE Member since: Apr 14, 2019
  3. Ernie

Ernie UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 0

Thanks for your response. After some research about Unicom, I think I have made my mind.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 By: Ernie Member since: Mar 10, 2017
  4. 49jess

49jess UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Hi Ernie,
    If you Google 'Unicom-complaints' you will find a .co.uk web site listing thousands of customer and employee complaints about Unicom and their associated companies under the Verastar group including Kinex. You can also listen to a recent podcast published by journalist Adrian Goldberg with his findings after he investigated Verastar, Kinex etc

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 By: 49jess Member since: May 30, 2012
  5. 49jess

49jess UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    It is interesting that Kinex / Verastar subscribes to Trustpilot’s paid business services and
    ‘sometimes Kinex offers incentives to its customers to leave reviews (whether positive or negative).’

As far as we know, Kinex / Verastar have no such agreement with reviews.co.uk

Also, very interesting is that Kinex / Verastar and Trustpilot are both owned by the same company Vitruvian partners but deny any conflict of interest.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 By: 49jess Member since: May 30, 2012