Angola- Info Required

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Carsie, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carsie

Carsie UKBF Newcomer Free Member

185 35
    Does anyone have any information on the political/commercial landscape for investment in Angola?

Any feedback appreciated. Thank You.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 By: Carsie Member since: Mar 4, 2010
  2. hagrid han

hagrid han UKBF Newcomer Free Member

32 0
    I'm sorry I don't have.But,I suggest you use the google to search.Such as,typing"Angola government" or "Commerce of Angola" to get informations.If you don't know,you can contact me.my Skype:hagridjack97.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 By: hagrid han Member since: Aug 24, 2010
  3. MikeJ

MikeJ UKBF Big Shot Free Member

6,077 1,803
    I was in Angola for a long weekend a few years ago. Can't really add much, but it's not an easy place to go to without a local support structure. Much of the industry is based around oil.

If you go, make sure you've got a yellow fever vaccination AND the certificate to prove it. Otherwise they'll give you an injection there and then.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 By: MikeJ Member since: Jan 15, 2008
  4. nextdayprint

nextdayprint UKBF Newcomer Free Member

324 28
    It's a potential goldmine, but a high risk investment as with much of Africa. Portugese is the language de facto and very little English is spoken. They have one of the highest mortality rates due to bad drinking water of any country in the world. Low life expectancy's, etc.

On the plus side, they have bucket loads of cash waiting for investment in infrastructure as a result of their oil industry.

As with almost any African nation, be very careful and don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 By: nextdayprint Member since: Mar 31, 2010
  5. Carsie

Carsie UKBF Newcomer Free Member

185 35
    Thank you guys for the feedback.

It's a contact that I have in Jo'burg and it's not something I would normally get involved in; I guess I'm looking for an international banker or investment manager of similar ilk.

I'll close the topic but please feel free to contact me off line if further thoughts percolate.

Thank you once again

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 By: Carsie Member since: Mar 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.