Affiliate Marketing in China

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Marbman, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Marbman

Marbman UKBF Contributor Full Member

44 4
    Does anyone have any experience of promoting affiliate products in China?

I ask this as a new client is interested in trying the market particularly as an affiliate of luxury western goods.

Myself I have zero experience building out a business like this for a client, tending only to focus on English speaking markets but from the word go I see issues with China such as the language although this would apply to any non English speaking market.

And where could he market his affiliate links? I imagine there are a number of Google and Facebook Chinese alternatives but what would be best and above all else do the Chinese authorities frown on this kind of marketing.

Any feedback will be very welcome.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 By: Marbman Member since: Jan 24, 2021
  2. Darren_Ssc

Darren_Ssc UKBF Ace Free Member

1,925 687
    It's not a viable proposition.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 By: Darren_Ssc Member since: Mar 1, 2019
  3. Marbman

44 4
    my thoughts too

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 By: Marbman Member since: Jan 24, 2021
  4. Larry Fong

Larry Fong UKBF Contributor Full Member

85 8
    You can launch Chinese website inside China and then add affiliate links to it. I worked with an European company for building affiliate sites in China. Actually, it bought expired domains and revamped them. There are many domain exchanges in China similar to those in US and UK. Of course, you need to hire a few local Chinese to manage the website and handle its SEO and social media promotion. The China online market is much much competitive though and full of black hat tricks.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    Posted: Mar 10, 2021 By: Larry Fong Member since: Dec 16, 2020
  5. Marbman

44 4
    Thanks Larry, very useful information. The client I am helping has for now focussed his efforts on the UK but it's interesting to know a way to target the Chinese Market even if it is full of black hat tricks right now.

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 By: Marbman Member since: Jan 24, 2021