Sales, Marketing & PR Brought to you by Adzooma

Advanced Facebook Targeting Question?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Marcos Millet, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Marcos Millet

Marcos Millet UKBF Newcomer Free Member

23 0
    I've posted this on the facebook business help community but got no response.

I'm new to Facebook Advertising, and haven't come across this feature. But I'm still finding new features which I didn't know about before - so perhaps it's just hiding from me?

Situation:

I need to target Person A. The requirement is that the Person A is close friends/family with Person B who's interested in Interest C.

It doesn't matter if Person A is interested in Interest C or not. All that matters is that the advert shows to Person A, but only if they're close friends/family with a Person B who has shown interest in Interest C.

This would be a great thing for someone who owns a gift company like myself... note, I'm not referring to the Connections tool. The people I'd like to target aren't connected to my page yet.

I hope people out there can understand what I'm after.... or better yet, they have a solution! :)

Thanks for your time.

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 By: Marcos Millet Member since: Apr 9, 2017
  2. audana

audana UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 0
    What am I missing? Why do you not just target Person B directly that has the interest in C?

OR

Run a like campaign to get A to "like" your page... you could then run a campaign to target their friends.

OR

Install a facebook pixel on your website, and then run a "look a like" audience campaign.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 By: audana Member since: Dec 12, 2017
  3. Eve A

Eve A UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    I don't think I understand you well, but if A are friends and family, why do adverts to target A? They are already on your friends list and would receive your posts in their news feeds anyway? You need to target B who are not among friends in order to get their attention.

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 By: Eve A Member since: Dec 7, 2017
  4. Hahnbeck

Hahnbeck UKBF Contributor Free Member

35 9
    Facebook has (finally) added live chat support functionality for advertisers. So you can now actually speak to a human, if only via instant messaging. The feature is called "Direct Support". To access it you must use Facebook Business Manager (which is free of course). Go into Business Manager, click on the Help icon in the top right, then "Still Need Help?" at the bottom of the menu. It will take you to the Advertiser Help Centre. Click on "Support" in the top right then the "Creating Ads" Icon in the middle of the next page. Scroll to the bottom, and in the bottom right corner you can see a "Chat" option (during business hours). I have used this and it was good. Spoke to a human who actually worked at Facebook and could actually answer my questions.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 By: Hahnbeck Member since: Aug 4, 2017
  5. VD Media

VD Media UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 0
    In order to do this you would need to use Connections targeting. More information can be found on Facebooks help section. I can't post links just yet, but if you search on Google "Target friends of friends" there are several answers to similar queries by the FaceBook Help Team.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 By: VD Media Member since: Feb 8, 2018