AAT level 4?

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by Karimbo, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karimbo

Karimbo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,730 176
    Hi

I want to get into accounting as a profession, I have had business since graduating 10+ years ago, But I never really made it and become very successful at it. I've made an OKish income and I feel that it may never really happen for me and I might as well swap the business over for a stable job that gives me a work life balance where I can actually take holidays and turn off my computer at 6pm every day and not have to worry about business.

I did my degree (Bsc Accounting with business management), which originally gave me exemptions from all of the foundation modules of ACCA including a few of the level 2 exams. But the advice I received from everyone I know whose become chartered from my uni course is to repeat all the modules.

Having been in business for so long the idea of working for someone else does make me nervous and I was thinking of being a bookkeeper as a business while I do AAT exams and then be a small scale accountant for self employed people and owner operator ltd companies.

After MAAT I would like to do ACCA.

I have a few questions.

1) Can I do level 4 MAAT. I want to study level 2,3 AAT but do not want to wait a year to do exams. I would rather just study them in my private time and do practice exams etc but Just formally sit level 4 AAT so I can become MAAT in one year.

Or will they want me to sit level 2 and 3 before admitting me to level 4?

2) If I get a pass on level 4 AAT, will it still give me exception on the first 3 exams of ACCA?

Thanks for reading, if there's any other advice you can give me that I haven't considered with my questions feel free to chime in.

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 By: Karimbo Member since: Nov 5, 2011
  2. Keith Ahmed

Keith Ahmed UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 0
    Hi Karlmbo, you are better off calling the AAT contact centre or a training centre such as Kaplan.
    They will be best placed to answer your questions.
    Thanks
    Keith

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 By: Keith Ahmed Member since: Nov 15, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.