123-reg email problems

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Anna Tri, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anna Tri

Anna Tri UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Is anyone else experiencing problems with sending and receiving 123-reg emails when using an email client? I have tried setting up the accounts again; the incoming server is fine but the outgoing server is rejected. Have checked with 123-reg instructions to check there is no mistake, have downloaded another email client to check that the fault is not with Mailbird. Raised the issue with 123-reg who say there is no issue!
    These email accounts are linked to our booking system so it is imperative to be able to access them via the email client.

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 By: Anna Tri Member since: Feb 8, 2017
  2. webhostuk

webhostuk UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,405 169
    Have their support tried to send a test email for your domain and tested your domain to confirm problem is not at their end. 123reg if you check their social media pages on FB, twitter, most of the regular complains are about their email. This is something only 123reg staff can confirm. I will suggest you to ask them to show you test email test on your domain to confirm problem is not at there end. We do the same for our customer to confirm thing.

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009
  3. Anna Tri

Anna Tri UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Thanks for this, no they have not sent a test email. Their support team is remarkable for its lack of courtesy and adequate response.
    I downloaded another email app to check the problem was not with the app I was using, with the same result - the incoming server responded, but not the outgoing. This meant the account was not set up. Also tried with the mail app which comes with Windows 10, same result so it seems the problem is with 123-reg.
    They were down from Thursday night last week until about 1600 Friday afternoon; since coming back up it has been impossible to access emails other than via webmail.
    I suspect a security issue which they are keeping very quiet about - no mention of it on any forums.

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 By: Anna Tri Member since: Feb 8, 2017
  4. webhostuk

webhostuk UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,405 169
    Hmm in that you need to think about your service provider. Also recently they have been purchased by Godaddy not sure what effect that will make on this company performance and support related issues.

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009
  5. KM-Tiger

KM-Tiger UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

10,115 2,744
    Second that.

123-reg have always been OK for domain registration, but their web and mail services do not not have a good reputation.

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 By: KM-Tiger Member since: Aug 10, 2003
  6. 123reg

123reg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 1
    Hello Anna,

I'm Nerys and I work here at 123 Reg. I am really sorry to hear you have been having some problems and these have not been fixed within your contact with our support team. This is not the experience we expect for our customers. If you could message me with details of the email address you are having problems with I will arrange for a member of the team here to have a look at your account and help you get the email up and running.

Kind Regards,

Nerys

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 By: 123reg Member since: Feb 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.