- Background color
- Background image
- Border Color
- Font Type
- Font Size
Cleaning a patio using pressure water can give incredible results, least the cleaning is done effectively and skillfully. It is very natural for dirt, grime, slime, and debris to get collected on your patio with time and usage. Your patio may be made of concrete slabs, wood, bricks, and pavers. Irrespective of the materials used, the joints and other gorges in your patio can easily look its worst, attracting dirt, grime, and filth. A pressure washer is an effective and often the best way to clean your patio to recover the squeaky-clean look that you love to see. And the best part is, it is jolly-well possible. However, to achieve the nearly new-like look of your patio, it is imperative that you know how to do the same.
Cleaning a patio with a pressure washer is the safest way around, especially when it comes to maintaining the delicate flooring (if you happen to have one), preserving the natural shine and preventing harm to pets, kids, environment and whatsoever. With a pressure washer and proper technique, you can achieve the same cleanliness with or without a regular detergent and not any harsh chemicals or arsenals. Patio cleaning is a very important job in grounds maintenance services and is often bundled with other services like grass cutting and fertilizing, hedge trimming, paths, and car park marking etc.
Before you proceed, check you have got these essentials handy-
· Cat box or car litter filler
· Outdoor vacuum cleaner or broom
· Safety goggles
· Dust mask
· Pressure water detergent (in case you opt for)
· Water broom attachment for pressure washer (optional)
· Rotary turbo attachment for pressure washer (optional)
· Ensure the area is free from children and pets
· Mind the stream of water from the machine. It is powerful and can harm humans, animals and objects altogether.
· In case you’ve opted for chemical arsenals and detergents, ensure you wear safety gloves and goggles.
· It is highly recommended that you choose the pressure washer capacity as per your handling abilities. This is for the sake of preventing injury as well as achieving better cleaning at the same time.
If you don’t own a pressure blaster, you can opt to borrow one from a garden store or a specialty center. Here the steps that you’re supposed to ensure before you can get to the actual cleaning.
1. Get rid of any articles (like decorative) or furniture that is present on your patio. Ensure the surface is free from any objection. Now, using car litter (cat box filler), you’re supposed to soak up any oil, grease, spills or any liquid on your patio. The idea is to ensure a dry surface thoroughly. Once dried, clear the stuff.
2. Choose whether or not you are going to use any pressure water detergent to remove a stain from the patio. If you choose to use, ensure the detergent applies to the type of pressure water you are using (hot water or cold water pressure washer). If your pressure washer happens to have a detergent tray, you can use an injectable detergent. If not, you may opt for spray-bottle detergent in that case. You may apply the detergent directly on the patio floor or can pour into the pressure washer detergent chamber, depending on the type of washer you’re using. Should you pour the detergent directly on the patio surface, it is recommended to wait for ten minutes to allow the detergent to function before you spray with the pressure washer. And in case you pour the detergent into the detergent chamber of the washer, you may start the spray immediately.
3. Redirect the water stream from the pressure washer onto the patio at an angle. Using broad and circular motions, clean the entire patio back and forth in one direction and then on the other. In case you've got a humungous patio, you may opt for a water-broom attachment that sprays a more elaborate and broader (fan-like) stream of water from the pressure washer, making cleaning more comfortable and faster.
4. Once you’ve started spraying, direct the flow of water into the nooks and corners, gaps and crevices and cracks on the floor. The idea is to remove the more stubborn dirt with more emphasis on them. Using a rotary-turbo nozzle attachment, you can clean with a higher definition that essentially turns the regular pressure washer stream of water into finer and more powerful one. Although this is optional.
If you want to get rid of weeds
Weeds are often the first unwanted guests to pay a visit to your patio. Not only they look ugly but can be dangerous as they become slippery with time. Eager to teach them a good lesson? Using a path weed killer chemical, you can opt to get rid of the existing weeds and further prevent their return in the future. To pardon your back, choose of a long-handled wire brush to clean weeds between the joints of your patio flooring.
Neat and clean premises are sure to add value to a particular property; be it a home or office. And this comes with the need for ground maintenance services. First of all, it is mandatory to understand the core of ground maintenance. Definitely speaking, the existence of litter on the ground is sure to invite pests and cockroaches. These pests tend to pose a serious threat to the interiors as well as the exteriors of property. Apart from doing damage to the furniture, they possess a tendency to damage even walls and roofs. So, here is the point that the intervention of professional ground maintenance services is mandated.
Ideally known, the idea of using ground maintenance is to confiscate remains from the ground and leave no option for the insects to create any kind of trouble in the house or office. Not just this; the gathered muck may affect the appearance of the ground as it would look dirty. This calls for hiring professional ground maintenance services. Indeed, the most important thing about getting such services is that it should be taken from experienced personnel. After all, it is the matter of cleaning your home and no one wants that any sort of dust should be accumulated. Of course, professional people will be aware of using specialized tools or methods for maintaining the life of the ground. There is a possibility that such tools might not be available in the market or might be out of the budget.
There are many people, who get grounding renovation in every five years and wish to maintain its beauty, till then. So, they opt to call ground maintenance services that have experience enough to deal with toughest of the stains on the ground. In this regard hey may use specialized or mild chemicals that do not affect the floor for sure. However, some of the people try maintaining the ground of their home on their own. And this, certainly, takes an extensive amount of time. So, hiring the services of ground maintenance staff is going to save your time without a doubt. Not to forget that such professionals are adept at cleaning up the mess left after ground maintenance task. This means that the house or office would be spic and span.
These days, finding ground maintenance services is not a difficult task because numerous such service providers have their own website. Here, one can get every form of information that may include price charged for the services provided. Along with this, one can check their previous task completed to get an idea of their authenticity. Definitely, it is mandatory for a person to find certified ground maintenance service provider as they can be contacted back in case of any further damages left. A non-certified one might not be easy to track and the money spent on ground maintenance might get wasted without a doubt. So, hiring the service of an authentic ground maintenance professional is the best thing to do.