The hidden ways HR can benefit from managing payroll in-house Oct 4, 2021Views: 73
Managing payroll in-house is fast replacing the tendency to outsource the role, as cloud automation continues to have an effect on streamlining and simplifying a once difficult task.
Some benefits are easy to identify. Employers say that costs can be reduced since being in control of your own payroll means that you are less likely to be hit with additional hidden fees. Other obvious advantages can include greater control over highly-sensitive data and greater flexibility in reacting to changes to the payroll.
But what about other benefits that are not as obvious? Fortunately for HR professionals, cloud innovation can have a big impact on workflows, especially when it comes to the crossover between HR and payroll tasks.
Online systems, such as BrightPay Connect, can reduce much of the manual, repetitive work involved in payroll and HR processes. It enables powerful features that further justify the decision to take payroll administration in-house.
- Fewer calls and emails to HR: Employees can be invited to their own secure online self-service portal. Historical payslips and payroll documents are accessible 24/7 by the employee, instantly reducing a huge volume of time-consuming requests to HR. Gone are the days of employees requesting a history of past or lost payslips, for example, if they were applying for a loan or mortgage.
- Easier employee management: BrightPay Connect offers employers a central online location to keep employee records safe and secure. Not only are payslips and payroll documents automatically available, but other HR and company documents can also be uploaded. Employment contracts, company handbooks, training documents and company newsletters can all be uploaded for easy distribution, again reducing the volume of related queries to HR. Documents with restricted access can be added, for example, appraisal and disciplinary documents to aid in ongoing performance evaluation.
- Easier annual leave management: The cumbersome nature of managing annual leave is made much easier with BrightPay Connect. With the employee self-service portal, employees can view their annual leave entitlement and leave balance remaining. They can also request annual leave through their self-service portal. This can reduce the high volume of tedious paper-trails and email traffic to HR. Payroll and HR managers can easily approve leave requests through the online employer dashboard. Approved leave then automatically synchronises back to the payroll software on your PC and is instantly updated on the company-wide online calendar, and so HR can easily track leave and plan staff cover.
- Happier employee culture: Research consistently shows that when employees feel empowered at work, it has the knock-on effect of stronger job performance, job satisfaction, and commitment to the business. BrightPay Connect’s employee smartphone and tablet app can empower employees by giving them access to view and manage their data online, providing a source of independence, power and control. That convenience adds up to creating a happy and productive workforce culture, the highest aspiration for any HR management team.
- Leaving lockdown: How to manage the annual leave backlog
- The Key to Keeping in Touch with Employees while Working from Home
- The importance of automated backups
You need to be logged in to comment