Digital Marketing News: What Caught Our Attention This Month Jun 6, 2019Views: 97
Our digital marketing news roundup delivers the most essential updates and news straight to your inbox.
In this digital marketing news roundup, we cover an acquisition which will bring a leading commerce platform to Adobe Experience Cloud, a new data protection law and 2019 Cloud Trends.
In this article, we’ll cover the following most recent digital marketing news:
- Adobe adds new features for Commerce Cloud.
- What’s LGPD and why should email marketers care?
- UKFast’s Cloud Trends 2019 whitepaper – top predictions for cloud technology.
What do Adobe, Magento, Google, Amazon and PayPal have in common?
After Adobe’s acquisition of Magento Commerce last May, for $1.68 billion, the company decided to build on it by introducing a slew of new features for Commerce Cloud, including integrations with Google, Amazon and PayPal. Adobe made the announcement at the Imagine 2019 conference.
The software giant said the latest batch of updates focuses on SMBs and mid-market retailers. In addition, it should also close the gap between customers, sales channels and experiences. The key new features include:
- the launch of a Google Ads Shopping Channel for Magento Commerce and Magento Open source 2.2.4 and later. The channel directly integrates with Google Merchant Centre and Google Ads. This allows Magento merchants to manage advertising campaigns as well as reporting across the Google network right from the Magento admin.
- rolling out an Amazon Sales Channel which aims to help merchants expand their footprint to the Amazon marketplace. Similar to the Google integration, the Amazon Sales Channel allows merchants to integrate their catalogue and manage listings directly from the Magento dashboard. The integration also establishes a bi-directional data flow to bolster inventory management.
- integrating Adobe’s Progressive Web Applications (PWA) Studio with PayPal’s Braintree. The PWA aims to help retailers build online stores that perform with an app-like experience and ultimately boost conversion rates. With the Braintree integration, merchants and developers can bring processing debit and credit transactions to a trusted and established gateway. More details can be found here.
On August 14, 2018, Brazil’s new data protection law LGPD was unanimously approved by their National Congress and sanctioned by the President. However, it’ll come into effect on August 2020. Why? It was originally 18 months and counting from when it was published but it was altered on December 27, 2018, in order to give companies a bit more time to prepare.
The LGPD creates a new legal framework for the use of personal data in Brazil, both online and offline, in the private and public sectors. It’s important to note that the country already has more than 40 legal norms at the federal level (all in Portuguese) that directly and indirectly deal with the protection of privacy and personal data in a sector-based system. However, the LGPD is replacing and(or) extending this sectoral regulatory framework which was, at times, conflictive and without legal certainty which made the country less competitive in an increasingly data-driven world.
Why should this matter to you? The LGPD will impact everyone sending email marketing messages or making use of any Brazillian personal data. The new law makes a bold statement: the data belongs to the individuals. Thus, the data that your company holds about people will need to have a legal basis.
Our good friends at ReturnPath covered this new Brazilian law in-depth and their article can be found here.
Cloud Trends 2019
Has your organisation adopted cloud technology yet? With cloud computing increasingly accelerated business growth, if you haven’t chosen to adopt it you’ll be left behind – fast. By 2020, 90% of organisations are predicted to have a part of their infrastructure in the cloud. So, ask yourselves, how can your business use the cloud to digitally transform your operations and services?
Better yet, is your business even prepared for the cloud trends set to hit mainstream business in 2019? So, if you don’t know what to do, take a deep breath and delve into UKFast’s 2019 Cloud Trends whitepaper.
If you have any suggestions or ideas what digital marketing news topics you would like us to look out for in the future, write your requests below. We’ll keep an eye out (or two) so you don’t have to – and all for FREE, of course.
In the meantime, you can take a look at our email marketing blog for useful advice, tips and tricks. We will also keep you up-to-date with the most recent email news, social media news, search engine news as well as PPC & Ads news.
This article was originally published on 28 May by EmailOut and can be found here.
Open your Unlimited Sends one-month free trial today – after your first month with us you can switch to our FreeForever account giving you 12,500 sends to 2,500 contacts each and every month for free, forever. Corporate email marketing? Contact us.Latest likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment