zopim on your site

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by MG Plastering Leeds, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MG Plastering Leeds

MG Plastering Leeds UKBF Newcomer Free Member

37 5
    Has anyone used the Zopim chat tool for your website. I have recently added it and when i am online i can have the dashboard open and it alerts me when i have a new visitor and can chat live to them. this increases chances of a sale. anyone tried it.

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 By: MG Plastering Leeds Member since: Jun 23, 2012
  2. SuffolkDesigns

SuffolkDesigns UKBF Old Timer Full Member - Verified Business

2,762 360
    Zopim works well, BUT unless you can be available to chat with clients at least 18 hours a day I don't think it is worth having live chat. The benefits of a live chat are far outweighed by the negative impression visitors get when they see "offline" as the chat status.

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 By: SuffolkDesigns Member since: Jul 5, 2005
  3. MG Plastering Leeds

MG Plastering Leeds UKBF Newcomer Free Member

37 5
    very true, its a shhame i cant access zopim on my mobile phone i used to be able on the old one. but have it open most evenings.

I feel its a good tool interacting with potetional customers but like you say you need to be available most of the day

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 By: MG Plastering Leeds Member since: Jun 23, 2012
  4. Jet Virtual

Jet Virtual UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

868 249
    Zopim is great if you are available to chat!

There is no point having an online chat on your website if nobody is available.

I find it very useful to engage visitors who may otherwise leave and shop around.

You should experiment with different greetings to engage visitors.
    for example "Hi can we help you?" may sound like it is automated and not personal. Whereas " Good Afternoon, my name is Daniel how are you?" can be alot more effective.

Best of luck!

Daniel

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 By: Jet Virtual Member since: Mar 21, 2011
  5. 3 MORE YEARS

3 MORE YEARS UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

934 107
    We have Zopim live chat on our sites. And during office hours there is always someone available to chat. I don't think people are put office by chat not being available out of office hours especially if you are a service business.

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 By: 3 MORE YEARS Member since: Dec 31, 2008
  6. 360WebsiteReview

360WebsiteReview UKBF Newcomer Free Member

41 13
    I have used this in the past for previous web sites and it does work. To make it work you need to be by a computer and logged in ready to respond at the drop of a hat, so if a visitor can see that you are online and you don't get back to them pretty fast they tend to not hang around on your website. Its a negative start for a potential customer.

Just as a tip, I once placed it just at the last stage of the purchase process and it really did work well. It help give my customers that extra push to purchase.

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 By: 360WebsiteReview Member since: Jun 4, 2012
  7. sudarshancw

sudarshancw UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    I've used ClickDesk for a while now and it has definitely helped my business. I use just one application to connect with my visitors through different mediums like chat, phone, e-mail etc. which is why I think ClickDesk is better than other live chat providers.

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 By: sudarshancw Member since: Apr 2, 2012
  8. Sing for your city

Sing for your city UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 1
    sound like a great tool if you had somebody sat on it all day long.

Posted: Jul 6, 2012 By: Sing for your city Member since: Jun 5, 2012
  9. lynxus

lynxus UKBF Ace Full Member

1,323 317
    You know you can always "Hide" the chat icons / buttons when not online?

Most providers offer this.

Posted: Jul 6, 2012 By: lynxus Member since: Jul 5, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.