Your views on this please

Discussion in 'Legal' started by Mrs Malapup, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs Malapup

Mrs Malapup Contributor

306 3
    I purchased some training for myself as an individual for £3000. The training was due to start in December for the first part and then next May/June for the next part. Unfortunately due to personal reasons I have had to cancel. I checked with the Terms and conditions which state:-
    4. Cancellation 60 days plus from start of course – full refund of fees paid less pre course materials.

I notified them of my cancellation last Monday which was 70 days prior to the start of the course. Now the pre course materials cost £445 and they say the manual is £34.50....ok fair enough....but they are asking me to pay and admin fee of £28.75, postage and packing £23 and credit card charge of £90!! So they are taking £622 off me for cancelling. They dont accept the materials back and insist on the other charges.

This has been an expensive experience....and it feels unfair.....is it fair please? Thanks:rolleyes:

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 By: Mrs Malapup Member since: Sep 4, 2006
  2. profitxchange

profitxchange Contributor

1,703 192
    Go talk to trading standards. Unfair conditions of trade

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 By: profitxchange Member since: Apr 16, 2005
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Lime One

Lime One Contributor

1,033 281
    Definately a job for Trading Standards and the CAB if you have purchased this service as a consumer.

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 By: Lime One Member since: Apr 26, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.