Your thoughts on Performance Management

Discussion in 'Employment & HR' started by Jason Jarrett, Jun 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Jarrett

Jason Jarrett UKBF Newcomer

5 2
    Hello all,

I'm a software engineer and I think that I have found the latest problem to solve. But before I spend time and effort on moving the project forward I just wanted to test my assumptions against people that will actually use it.

I have previously worked in large corporates with well defined performance management methodologies and software tools. I have often find them over featured and verbose, but with no experience in working within a small business (Apart from my own) I just wanted to get your thoughts on how you deal with performance management in your organisation.

I would specifically like your thoughts on;
    • The systems and methodologies you use
    • Do you link performance to pay
    • How do you align the goals of your employees, to the vision and direction of your business
    • Do you benchmark your employees to raise overall standards across your organisation
    • Your overall approach to the personal and professional development of your employees
    • If a software tool could help you with this process, what would you like it to do for you.
    • If you are currently using software for performance management, does it fit with the current needs of your business
    This idea is at the earliest possible stage and I'm just conducting market and product research to see if the idea would have legs with my target audience. So all feedback is welcome.

Regards

Jason

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 By: Jason Jarrett Member since: May 28, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.