You won't get investment because...

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Mark T Jones, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

3,962 1,262
    Having been on here for ten years now I consider myself lucky to have communicated with a couple of investors on here . I have learned a lot from them . Sometimes it is best to take along time to read what they are saying and study what they do .

In the real world none of the above apply
    They are serious methodical people with their feet on the ground There is no text book or Mr or Mrs high life in fast lane It is not like anything you would see on dragons den
    One could say it might be raelly boring where potential start ups looking for investment would have to put in a lot of very hard work to even get to talk about their idea !

I would not want to be putting that effort in to get investment from them and then to share my company with them
    but ! 40 % of a decent deal better that 100% of nothing

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. The next Steve Jobs

The next Steve Jobs UKBF Regular Free Member

175 13
    THE CLASSIC MISTAKE

IF I HAD X MONEY I COULD BUILD Y BUSINESS

... and while there is nothing in the laws of physics preventing that that is NOT reason enough to go begging for hand outs from instituitional or professional investors ... 'friends fools and family', maybe! but those in the investment industry are looking for a combination of leverage, security, strategic value, market penetration, data access and a goodly bundle of added value according to THEIR wishlist.

IF you are the CEO of a highly leveraged start up your contract reads 'bonded labour'

I'm an investor and a start up CEO, i invest a large amount of time looking for and 'optomizing' investor benefits. Read that as hoops of fire, reshuffling the deck and inserting jokers / get out of jail free cards etc at pivotal points in the investor journey...maximizing future customer and employee rewards is also part of that process.

I work in the tech industry, software, hardware, social media, consumer products, corporate services. The nature of my particular sector means I've allready forgotten more than most people will ever want to know ! ... it's certainly not for the faint of heart or shy of mind !!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Posted: Mar 22, 2018 By: The next Steve Jobs Member since: Mar 19, 2018
  3. cabtreasure

cabtreasure UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Good thing neither have zero to hero personality traits then. They'd have joined the uniformed services. I have Cab Treasure Business

Posted: May 21, 2018 By: cabtreasure Member since: May 21, 2018
  4. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

15,520 1,712
    Whut?

Posted: May 21, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  5. UACU

UACU UKBF Contributor Full Member

53 4
    Nice article
    I'm always keen to learn more

Posted: Jun 2, 2018 By: UACU Member since: Jun 2, 2017