YEM Shortlisted for Creative Award

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by YEM, Apr 5, 2006.

1. YEM

YEM UKBF Newcomer Free Member

574 2
    SMALL BUSINESS MAGAZINE SHORTLISTED FOR CREATIVE AWARD

Your Entrepreneur Magazine has been short listed for the Creative Innovation and New Markets Award in this year’s CreativeWorks Awards. This comes only a week after Innovative Entrepreneurs, Sam Fletcher and Lucy Hamlin were awarded The UnLtd Millennium Award for their work carried out promoting and supporting the local business community for the YEM project.

The YEM team are about to roll out the magazine across the whole of the Northwest region and enter into the Cheshire, Cumbria and Merseyside areas. Although enterprise agencies in these counties have already been receiving the magazine, the team plan to distribute 64% of the 10,000 copies that they distribute into these three new areas, and will gradually double their distribution over the next 6 months.

YEM is a unique business magazine focused on helping start up and growing businesses to succeed. Launched as a response to the lack of information about where new businesses can access support, advice and funding, the magazine, although locally focussed, has subscribers as far away as Surrey.

Sam Fletcher, Managing Director of Redwelly Media, the creative company behind the publication said, “When I started the design agency, I only found out about the various support available, through referrals. Business support agencies offer fantastic services to small businesses and I believe that as many businesses as possible need to be aware of them, to take advantage of the free advice and support available.”

“My background is publishing and when I started Redwelly, I wanted to manage publications for other companies, so needed a flagship title to use as a tool to market to those companies. YEM has taken off completely and now operates as its own project, rather than a project of Redwelly. Incidentally, Redwelly has also changed direction and we have undertaken creative brochure work for clients such as Birmingham City Council, The Princes Trust and Sutton Coldfield College, which is a great portfolio for year one.”

The magazine has received fantastic feedback and the team regularly get emails and letters of support from people that love the title. Lucy Hamlin, Communications Manager at Redwelly added, ‘I am constantly replying to messages from people who want an edition of YEM in their region. We are planning to roll out into other areas and expect to launch our second region towards the end of this year, but at the moment we are really concentrating on getting YEM North West secured.”

Based in The Business Development Centre on the canal at Eanam Wharf, Blackburn, the team are in constant contact with visitors to the centre. Lorraine Bradley, Facilities Manager at Eanam said, “I was both surprised and impressed with the quality and fresh look of YEM. The content is interesting but also informative. Working with business start-ups, I am aware of the minefield of information available and feel that YEM provides articles of interest to anyone in business.”

For more information, visit www.ye-mag.co.uk

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 By: YEM Member since: Sep 1, 2005
  2. Jayne

Jayne UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,917 8
    Well done! You'll soon be national at this rate :D

Jayne

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 By: Jayne Member since: Aug 6, 2005
  3. YEM

574 2
    We heard yesterday that we are now in the final three of these Awards and they are coming to take pictures this morning! :lol:

You will also be pleased to hear Jayne, that our next edition will be Yorkshire and we are working on getting a team together at the moment. We hope to launch towards the end of the year!

4. Jayne

Jayne UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,917 8
    Oh Brilliant, if you are anywhere near Castleford, give me a shout :D

Jayne

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 By: Jayne Member since: Aug 6, 2005
  5. creacom

creacom UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,338 35
    Well done to everyone at YEM !

Jacqui :D

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 By: creacom Member since: Oct 11, 2005
  6. YEM

574 2
    Thanks Jacqui! :)

7. YEM

574 2
    Hi Everyone,

Well, wish us luck - the Awards evening is tomorrow!!!!

Posted: May 9, 2006 By: YEM Member since: Sep 1, 2005
  8. Gillie

Gillie UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

13,187 1,472
    Enjoy ..... but good luck too!

Posted: May 9, 2006 By: Gillie Member since: Apr 12, 2006
  9. YEM

574 2
    Thank you Gill

Posted: May 10, 2006 By: YEM Member since: Sep 1, 2005